Twitter: Slater: Cowboys source: “No DHop talk from us. Guess he’s telling everybody he wants to be a Cowboy”

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What Denver wants now might be negotiable for Juedy, they might take our 2nd.
Its speculative, so I agree, but sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut.
I might be willing to give our 2nd for a still young WR with upside and proven skill, considering our 2nd round success rate.
Agreed..............I would give our 2nd for Juedy as well.

CWR

Reaction score
Who said he costs 20mil? He's at 19 this yr and 15 next yr. With no guaranteed money on Dallas books for him if he was traded, it would be so easy to clear 12 mil of his 2023 cap charge

Thanks, and not sure where I got that from.

Those numbers don't seem outlandish.

Maybe they will consider it.. .

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Reporters are just the ultimate middle men and women.
Reporters' jobs is to seek out the truth through every avenue available to them. We develop sources of information to use to try to get to the facts, which often are obfuscated. Some may serve as just middlemen, or essentially PR, but most of us work hard to dig up information, even if it tells a different story than the ones the sources of the information want to tell. This is the importance of journalism. Most major stories would never see the light of day (or at least not more than what those involved wanted to get out in public) without dedicated journalists digging them up.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Reporters' jobs is to seek out the truth through every avenue available to them. We develop sources of information to use to try to get to the facts, which often are obfuscated. Some may serve as just middlemen, or essentially PR, but most of us work hard to dig up information, even if it tells a different story than the ones the sources of the information want to tell. This is the importance of journalism. Most major stories would never see the light of day (or at least not more than what those involved wanted to get out in public) without dedicated journalists digging them up.
I should have specified sports reporters. But yes no disrespect, many truths have been uncovered by reporters. As long as its used for objective reporting and without bias.

Rayman70

Reaction score
just before Dallas went crazy and made deals Tuesday, she said the same thing as did Archer and others. I aint sure she has any sources and if she does, they stink.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I should have specified sports reporters. But yes no disrespect, many truths have been uncovered by reporters. As long as its used for objective reporting and without bias.
I agree that sports reporters are a different breed, especially those who try to "break" news and are more willing to just throw things out there (yes, I'm looking at you, Fisher). I understand that they have to try to be relevant to justify their jobs. There are a lot on that level I don't really consider reporters. I guess I should change that because they are reporters, but they are not really journalists. Journalists are more concerned about being right than being first. Sure, you want to be the one to break the news, but it's more important to be accurate.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
I think you are right, I just dont see the Cowboys trading a 2nd round pick.

Not when Cap Boy treats draft picks like gold.......I bet they had to wrestle that 5th round comp pick out of his hands for Gilmore:laugh:
Yeah cause who needs 2nd round picks in the NFl...pretty much useless..Getting Diggs or Sam Williams in the 2nd on a cheap rookie contract is stupid. The best GMs trade all their best picks for high priced 30 plus year old players..It works in Madden too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah cause who needs 2nd round picks in the NFl...pretty much useless..Getting Diggs or Sam Williams in the 2nd on a cheap rookie contract is stupid. The best GMs trade all their best picks for high priced 30 plus year old players..It works in Madden too.
Funny how you cherry pick the only two good players in the last decade we drafted in the 2nd round.

You conveniently failed to mention players like Trysten Hill (bust), Connor Williams (no 2nd contract), Jaylon Smith (gimp), Randy Gregory (pot head), Galvin Escobar, ect...

But yeah, I imagine all these dudes are studs on your Madden team:laugh:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Agreed..............I would give our 2nd for Juedy as well.
Initial reaction was nooooo ...... then again looking at it as a whole: it gives Dak a very decent CeeDee/Jeury/Gallup, he also only costs a very reasonable CAP hit of $4.8m which still gives us enough space to upgrade on NT/1Tech and we're in a Conference that isnt that strong.....and we could also offset the lost pick with a compensatory 3rd! if we dont resign him in 2024.

I just feel that Denver (as with the Cards with DHop) are shopping them in an attempt to get someone to 'overpay' a first rd pick based on a weak FA and draft class, especially for outside receivers.