Twitter: Slater: Cowboys source: “No DHop talk from us. Guess he’s telling everybody he wants to be a Cowboy”

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I hate to say I would trade a 2nd for DHop if the price is right. Who else are we going to get in the draft?
Yep, he's better than anyone we're getting in the second, just think the Cards have no incentive or need to trade him. I see it as what the Jones tried to do with Coop last year, advertise and hope the interest hikes the return.....unlike our position in 2022 the Cards arent desperate and dont need to trade him.

Xavier187

Reaction score
The recent talk on Dhop is Cards gotta come down some on yhe price and Dhop wants a new contract maybe around 10m to stay for 3years

Flamma

Reaction score
Who said he costs 20mil? He's at 19 this yr and 15 next yr. With no guaranteed money on Dallas books for him if he was traded, it would be so easy to clear 12 mil of his 2023 cap charge
He probably wants an extension. Either now or after the season. He'll go to the team that will give him one. That will be between 20-25M.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Reason I love Jane Slater: There is a legit 50/50 chance that she is tweeting this from a beach somewhere, sipping a cocktail

Girl knows how to live
Lol, she’s right though. That whole 10 Jump Street meme or whatever proves that there are more famous fake insiders on Cowboys Twitter than there are real ones.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
D-Hop said he'd be willing to be flexible with his salary but that could change once his agent gets in his ear. While I would love the idea of him being a Cowboy I still say a receiver at 26 in the draft makes more sense. A first round pick is here for five years on his rookie deal, allowing the Cowboys to get a deal done with CeeDee Lamb with plenty of time to spare.

Trading for Hopkins and then having to likely let him leave in 2024 puts the Cowboys in the same exact position they are in now 12 months from today.

Flamma

Reaction score
He said he's didn't need 1
Ok, even still. He has two years left on his contract. It's good that he doesn't want one right away, but it's normal practice to give them one when they have a year left on their contract. But who knows, maybe he just wants to play out the rest of his contract.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not interested in a receiver who's only played 19 games in the last two years. Especially at a high cost...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Ok, even still. He has two years left on his contract. It's good that he doesn't want one right away, but it's normal practice to give them one when they have a year left on their contract. But who knows, maybe he just wants to play out the rest of his contract.
I'd restructure him and give him a option Yr with 2 voided yrs. Take 15mil of his base this yr and turn it into a signing bonus. With the 3 added yrs the 15 mil us prorated over 5 yrs instead of 2. So in 2023 he'd have a caphit of around 7mil. A team getting a player in trade has so many possibilities because they don't have guaranteed money obligations.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
D-Hop said he'd be willing to be flexible with his salary but that could change once his agent gets in his ear. While I would love the idea of him being a Cowboy I still say a receiver at 26 in the draft makes more sense. A first round pick is here for five years on his rookie deal, allowing the Cowboys to get a deal done with CeeDee Lamb with plenty of time to spare.

Trading for Hopkins and then having to likely let him leave in 2024 puts the Cowboys in the same exact position they are in now 12 months from today.
There's no guarantee they'll have one there at 26. I think it'd be good to bring in a veteran reciver and still draft one or a TE. Hopkins can be a useful 2 year stop gap.