Twitter: Slater: Cowboys working on something

phildadon86

Reaction score
As much as I thought it was best for Zeke to leave after 2022, I'd rather bring Zeke back than guys like Dillon or whatever else is on the scrap heap.
No. Zeke has no burst at all left. Dillon at least is 25 and has upside. I think they will bring him in and draft a guy like Wright as a thunder and lightning duo.

Carson

Reaction score
no she didn't. She only dangled a carrot but never really said a thing. She was all over the map. I highly doubt she has any idea what we are doing.
She said her feelings are there is mutual interest. Outside of Gehlken she is pretty in tune with this team

CowboysInPurgatory

Reaction score
Probably a cheap running back since we need to fill that starter position. The only other need-to-fill spot at the moment because of free agency is center, but we might go with Hoffman as the place-holder there.

The team will probably restructure a deal in order to create the cap room, although it may already have enough for what it is willing to pay.

We've lost two DEs (Armstrong and Fowler), but we've got Lawrence, Parsons and Williams and probably Fehoko and Golston will be played at end in Zimmer's scheme, so I don't see the team having any urgency there.
They are bring back ZEKE! I mean maybe Jerry is outsmarting us all and working on a $2m contract for Zeke while also paying him the $6m in dead cap that we owe him for 2024 :banghead:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry getting all liquored up and is going to have a talk with Stephen.

He tells Stephen they are going to have to loosen the purse strings and make things happen.

Stephen assures Jerry he will.

Stephen goes in and adds $100.00 to the FA pool money.

Report at 5 that we hired Bobby Boucher as water boy. They can not afford him at LB so do not get excited, there will be no tackling fuel...just high quality H2O.

Stephen Pats himself on the back. Jerry is too liquored up to know.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score

UgU11yH.gif

Jane, Are You "All In"? :oldcouple: Or Are You Just Smoke And Mirrors? I'll Take The Ladder:cool:

1942willys

Reaction score
No. Zeke has no burst at all left. Dillon at least is 25 and has upside. I think they will bring him in and draft a guy like Wright as a thunder and lightning duo.
THREE consecutive years his YPC has dropped. Tell me what upside is there.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Based on the way we ran the ball last season, I actually would like signing Dillon better than re-signing Pollard. (Note: I was for signing a better version of Dillon such as Henry but knew that we wouldn't.) The scheme we used last year focused on runs between the tackles. If we're going to do that, we need a pounder not a player who is dangerous in space like Pollard.

I don't consider Dillon to be a better player than Pollard, but just a better fit. If he's not the RB we sign because of asking price, I think it will be one of the other bigger RBs available and then we will try to draft someone with more home-run ability to complement him (probably in the fourth round or later, although I hope it will be the second or third).

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Dak traded to Vegas
I have an idea , have you ever thought about trading Dak for a 2nd and 4th round pick .Some team may go for that ,then DALLAS could use that 2nd round pick on a QB.Just a thought .

raven55

Reaction score
slater only knows what they tell her. she's another media dummy and there are lots of them as a matter of fact look back how many have asked them any hard questions

Aven8

Reaction score
I have an idea , have you ever thought about trading Dak for a 2nd and 4th round pick .Some team may go for that ,then DALLAS could use that 2nd round pick on a QB.Just a thought .
Screw that. He will covet 1st round picks at minimum. Lots of teams would be on this action for a QB.