Twitter: Slater - Jamal Adams details relating to the Cowboys: He’s willing to bend on contract

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would give up a first round pick for Adams IF he agrees to a contract right away.

I would not give up a first even if he would play on current contract...too much risk he walks after a year.
I would not give up additional picks. The Dallas roster is reaching a point where we don’t need to find stars, but those picks will be critical to maintaining a competitive roster as we lose pieces each year due to other big contracts. You can pay a bunch of stars if you can draft well enough each year to fill out your roster with guys on rookie contracts.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I would give up a first round pick for Adams IF he agrees to a contract right away.

I would not give up a first even if he would play on current contract...too much risk he walks after a year.
I would not give up additional picks. The Dallas roster is reaching a point where we don’t need to find stars, but those picks will be critical to maintaining a competitive roster as we lose pieces each year due to other big contracts. You can pay a bunch of stars if you can draft well enough each year to fill out your roster with guys on rookie contracts.

Jamal Adam's has TWO years remaining on his rook contract - this season and next season.