Twitter: Slater - Jamal Adams details relating to the Cowboys: He’s willing to bend on contract

Rayman70

Reaction score
contract is a concern however just like Cooper if you pull this trade it will not be for 1 year, it will be done with a multi year contract just as it was in Cooper case it was a 5 year deal so all those talking about him being a 1 year player were completely wrong. There is no way Dallas would do this trade without getting him under a long term deal. In terms of final piece? he is a quality player you win with quality players, if he is out there creating turnovers, getting sacks then he is doing thing to help his team win.
problem is if a player gets hurt, how do you go sign another decent player if your cap is maxed out?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Just heard Adam Sheffner state all this talk is Jamal Adams driven, that the Jets have zero intention in trading him as they still control him for several years. Unless a team gives them a godfather offer, which they requested last year, he isn't going to be traded. I have been hearing the same things here in NY, the Jets want to keep him and they want to keep him on that rookie contract. Unless things change, later this summer, we have to assume this player is unattainable.
I agree.

I don't at all get the vibe around here that the team has any intention of dealing him, and if they do and dont bring back a king's ransom, the FO would be run out of town.

They probably need two 1s to even consider it, and theres no shot Dallas can do that, nor should they.

I've said all along I dont see it as possible from the Jets perspective until this gets much uglier.

Adams is trying his best there, but he is going to have to miss game checks in order to facilitate a deal for a reasonable return, and itll probably be into the season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
problem is if a player gets hurt, how do you go sign another decent player if your cap is maxed out?

I think you can find a certain amount of risk in any move. If we were talking about a guy late in his career I would not be willing to do a trade. However we are talking a 24 year old player who as I said is just entering the prime of his career.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree.

I don't at all get the vibe around here that the team has any intention of dealing him, and if they do and dont bring back a king's ransom, the FO would be run out of town.

They probably need two 1s to even consider it, and theres no shot Dallas can do that, nor should they.

I've said all along I dont see it as possible from the Jets perspective until this gets much uglier.

Adams is trying his best there, but he is going to have to miss game checks in order to facilitate a deal for a reasonable return, and itll probably be into the season.

Yes, this is going to have to play itself out. The Jets have all the leverage right now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think you can find a certain amount of risk in any move. If we were talking about a guy late in his career I would not be willing to do a trade. However we are talking a 24 year old player who as I said is just entering the prime of his career.
providing the Jets will move him, and at a reasonable price,I'm on board. JUST NOT AT A KINGS RANSOM. We must understand what he is and what we are getting. We would be getting a solid FB player that has chincs in the armor..he's not elite..but he is darn good. His best trait is his run support ability and knack for turnovers and creating them. The downside is teams tend to use his aggressiveness against him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree.

its truly bizarre man lol

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think with Adams saying he wouldn’t do an extension right away with us could hurt and help. Hurt by he goes off the upcoming season then you have to pay him way more than you anticipated. It could help as it gives them time to free up money over the long haul. But we’ll see what happens this could be all a moot point once he gets traded to the eagles and we say he wasn’t close to worth what they gave for him lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think with Adams saying he wouldn’t do an extension right away with us could hurt and help. Hurt by he goes off the upcoming season then you have to pay him way more than you anticipated. It could help as it gives them time to free up money over the long haul. But we’ll see what happens this could be all a moot point once he gets traded to the eagles and we say he wasn’t close to worth what they gave for him lol
agree..lets say we do something realy dumb and give up two 1sts for him. What happens when we can only get him to stay here 1 year then we lose him to the highest bidder? YUP, ALL THOSE PICKS ARE WASTED! I hate the idea. It looks like fools gold.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lmao..ok NO ONE ELSE IS THROWING 1 ST AT THE JETS FOR HIM. That better.? Making nothing up.

Show us where the Jets have even agreed to trade him? And let us know when you’re privy to what teams are or aren’t doing.

He isn't worth a 1. He will want a premium contract if we are dumb and trade away a 1st for him. BOTH are not good propositions as we still havent paid Dak and will have other contracts to do. ITS JUST GOOD BUSINESS SENSE.Its not Madden! He is a good player, we agree on that, but unless your his agent or PR person, give it a rest. Everyone here is entitled to an opinion. Seems like another cult situation, just like when we chased the white buffalo Earl Thomas. Really bizarre how worked up fans are about a position thats not QB.

I’ll ‘give it a rest’ when you do. And when you stop spewing lies

Rayman70

Reaction score
Show us where the Jets have even agreed to trade him? And let us know when you’re privy to what teams are or aren’t doing.

I’ll ‘give it a rest’ when you do. And when you stop spewing lies
:facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
AM I missing something? Have the Jets once said this offseason that they want to trade Adams? Why in the world are we creating all these threads for a guy that is under contract of another team? Sure looks like EARL THOMAS 2.0. The THINK TANK MOB here doesn't wanna hear the facts. The guy wont be traded and if he somehow is, its not to Dallas. I will be the first to come on here and say how wrong I been if we land him for ANYTHING under a 1st. Trading for a safety using a 1st is comical and foolish. Which is why not 1 team has legitimately offered any such deal.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ehhh I have no dog in this race.

But Wilson’s ceiling is a solid NFL starter. He’s not Adams. That’s no knock on Wilson as few are as solid as Adams. Wilson is affordable, hard working and knows his safety coach who will get the most out of him.

But people here seem to anoint Wilson as if has the pedigree of a guy like Adams.

Realistically, it's a bit absurd for anyone to compare Wilson to Adams. Wilson was merely a 6th round draft pick in 2019, despite showing promise in camp by getting interceptions several times. I think it's very likely they're holding high hopes, in view of that being the case. In fact, I'm hoping that he'll continue to show that level of promise in the months to come. Of course, with him being a 6'th round pick, the odds aren't solidly in his favor to be highly successful. Nevertheless, stranger thing have happened. I'd guess it remains to be seen if he becomes a prize or a pretender. ;)

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Realistically, it's a bit absurd for anyone to compare Wilson to Adams. Wilson was merely a 6th round draft pick in 2019, despite showing promise in camp by getting interceptions several times. I think it's very likely they're holding high hopes, in view of that being the case. In fact, I'm hoping he'll continue to show that level of promise in the months to come. Of course, with him being a 6 round pick, the odds aren't solidly in his favor to be highly successful. Nevertheless, stranger thing have happened. I guess it remains to be seen if he becomes a prize or a pretender. ;)
dude, I'm not comparing the 2. As far as cost goes, I AM. We have a cap..and Wilson has shown flashes ..so all I AM SAYIN is, why not see what the kid can do with legit coaching? If it fails,it fails...no fuss..no muss..go then talk to the Jets midseason and if we think he's that missing piece, go get him at that point. I am only saying, dont sleep on the kid and toss him away before he gets a fair shake.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THE ADAMITES are in town. Ringling brothers 2.0. Havent seen anything like this since Earl Thomas.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
key phrase, WITHIN REASON. Plus, I'm not eager to ship a 1st to NY for a guy who plays safety. Good as he is, I wouldnt send anything more than a 2nd and a future pick.

Also not interested in trading a 1st when we don't even have a longterm deal for Dak. Might need to use that pick for a qb if Dak leaves.

Forneymike

Reaction score
I'm not sure holding out very long is an option for him. The new CBA includes higher mandatory fines which cannot be forgiven by the club. They must be paid. I also hear in the deal that 40K per day has been increased maybe significantly. Also, the player will lose an accrued season toward free agency by failing to show up for camp on time or by leaving camp for more than five days. This would supersede the rule that removes an accrued year only if the player fails to report within 30 days before the first game of the regular season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
dude, I'm not comparing the 2. As far as cost goes, I AM. We have a cap..and Wilson has shown flashes ..so all I AM SAYIN is, why not see what the kid can do with legit coaching? If it fails,it fails...no fuss..no muss..go then talk to the Jets midseason and if we think he's that missing piece, go get him at that point. I am only saying, dont sleep on the kid and toss him away before he gets a fair shake.

I didn't single you out as someone thinking he's the next Adams. I'm pretty sure you're more sensible than that. As a matter of fact, I, too, am very hopeful that this kid turns out to be a very pleasant surprise going forward. He obviously has ball skills and hits like there's no tomorrow. Still, as we both know all too well, he's yet to prove himself to be starting material. I surely wouldn't be surprised if he's at least a solid backup, though. Here's hoping he continues to be as impressive as he seems already. :)

Last edited: