Twitter: Slater: McCarthy hasn’t spoken to Dak yet

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I believe Dak is intelligent enough to realize he's in for a treat once he's being favored with McCarthy's many years of handling and experience.

Mike McCarthy has had a lifetime of knowledge to bestow upon those like Favre and Rodgers to mold and shape their performance as need be.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Hoping for this to be true. I doubt it is though. Calling all of these coaches in to talk and interview for your new staff and deciding on who to keep and not to keep and adjusting to Dallas is probably hard and time consuming. He has all offseason to call Dak. Unfortunately, The Joneses and McCarthy want to give him another shot. Probably scared of drafting a potential bust like many posters here and are settling for mediocrity that is Dak instead of taking a chance at the draft. We need to be like the Chiefs and just take the risk.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Hoping for this to be true. I doubt it is though. Calling all of these coaches in to talk and interview for your new staff and deciding on who to keep and not to keep and adjusting to Dallas is probably hard and time consuming. He has all offseason to call Dak. Unfortunately, The Joneses and McCarthy want to give him another shot. Probably scared of drafting a potential bust like many posters here and are settling for mediocrity that is Dak instead of taking a chance at the draft. We need to be like the Chiefs and just take the risk.

No matter how many times you say it, it will never be logical to “just draft Patrick Mahomes”. Dak is easily good enough to win with - there’s nothing wrong with continuing to draft and develop other QBs but you don’t throw him away for nothing in hopes of drafting the next Mahomes.

Even with three #1 picks in a row, your chances of drafting a QB better than Dak are probably well under 50%.

Proximo

Reaction score
It's a leap but it's still weird. A phone call takes 5 minutes.

But really what’s a few minute conversation worth?

Maybe McCarthy doesn’t want to call or meet with him until he knows he can give the conversation the attention it deserves.

I mean would it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things if McCarthy had made a three minute call to Dak already just for principle? IMO, I don’t think so.

The media just reports on stuff like this so that folks overthink and scrutinize.