Slater on coaching search

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know what to say. I don't know Garrett. I don't know if he's a winner I don't know if he's a loser. I don't know if he's doing the best he can because of the franchise and how they are. The whole thing is disgusting

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was definitely weird.

I mean one day she's saying Garrett is likely back based on Jerry's reactions and other tidbits and then the next she's saying Dallas has contacted Meyer.

I get why people follow her (chuckle), but she's not one of the reporters I put a ton of stock into when it comes to inside info.

She said certainly not consistent or solid in her convictions, that's for sure.

JMPearson

Reaction score
Urban would be an awful hire he is a great recruiter but not that good of a game day coach, he is a grade A dirt bag probably the sleezist guy in college football.

What he did to his former RB coach at Florida reporting a violation that happened when he was head coach at UF after he lost out a on recruit while at OHio st os beyond bad.

The stories from the coaches that went to BC that came form Florida are brutal, Meyer knew about Hernandez and the Pouncy among others. He is one of the worse people in football.

Look how bad OSU defense was last year and now it leaps and bounds better.

snadler

Reaction score
Don’t actually know if Urban is a good NFL coach, we know he’s a great recruiter, doesn’t he also have heart problems?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meyer is my first choice. I just think you need a guy that has a reputation that will demand respect that also has the people skills to coddle the manchild owner. I think Urban fits the bill. Also Zeke should be his top proponent having won a championship with Meyer . see... Irvin/Jimmy

cml750

Reaction score
Any of these options sound good to me. I am 10000 % ABG - "Anybody But Garrett". At this point I think one of the stadium janitors would be a coaching upgrade.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Slater has become such a tmz journalist this year. She was just gaslighting the fanbase on her podcast yesterday about Jason possibly returning.
Yep, I said she loves attention now after her argument with BB on said podcast. That upset a few people. It’s so obvious.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah, I listened too. She's done a total 180 on that. Maybe based on the source that told here they actually spoke with Meyer?
Idk I think its more about her trying to get on both sides of the debate. Also, Slater being a Dallas girl has huge fanboy syndrome when it comes to Jerry. She is so gullible to his sales jobs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idk I think its more about her trying to get on both sides of the debate. Also, Slater being a Dallas girl has huge fanboy syndrome when it comes to Jerry. She is so gullible to his sales jobs.

And an admitted huge fan of Garrett the person. That's why she got sucked into the idea that's he could somehow survive this thing and stick around. Sometimes people get too close to the situation and allow feelings to override rational thought. It's clearly happened to Jerry, and likely many in the building. And I think it did with Slater too.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Rivera is my choice. I think Jerry would give Urban a heart attack
Giant pass.

No thank you.
giphy.gif