Slater on Dak's contract/negotiation

csirl

Reaction score
People are getting too hung up on Daks contract. Not good enough is not good enough even if he plays for free.

Who cares what other teams offer him? If he joins one it means one less opponent team to worry about in the race for the SB..

Chasing6

Reaction score
People are getting too hung up on Daks contract. Not good enough is not good enough even if he plays for free.

Who cares what other teams offer him? If he joins one it means one less opponent team to worry about in the race for the SB..
Hahaha

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Can’t blame Dak for any of this. If the person you’re negotiating with is willing to give you too much, you take it!

The perpetual financial crap storm the Joneses put this organization and fans thru is of their own doing.
This. Dak and agent easily the smartest guy in the room when dealing with the Joneses. The family has screwed themselves in these scenarios in the past. Their gun-shy and would rather sign a half *** QB they know, than gamble drafting one.
What happened to Trance?
Play him!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You guys are silly and illogical.
Dak having all the leverage means nothing. Why blame Dak for anything.
The Jones boys have not even met with Dak or his agent. They haven’t made an offer. They are dragging their feet when everyone wanted it done before free agency. Not Jerry and Stephen. They seem happy to have an excuse. They are planning to sign Lamb and Parsons. This lack of activity in FA is much more about those guys than about Dak. No anger towards them wanting to be top at their positions in $?

The Cowboys could have reduced Dak’s salary at any point in the past months, but they didn’t want the money yet because they were never going to spend it in free agency. They could have lowered Dak’s pay and freed up significant funds for free agency with a restructure that didn’t even require Dak’s permission, but that’s all waiting till they prepare to work with Lamb and Parsons.

I love Lamb, but he is the big mistake waiting to happen. Great player, but paying a WR top money is a mistake. WRs are available more and more every year. Keep drafting top guys every 3-4 years. Lamb vs a younger talented WR is not the difference in winning big games.

Pay your QB, your pass rush, and build the middle of your DL and OL. Everything else can be adjusted.

Just watch….Dak’s contract will get done, and his cap hits will be lowered in a big way from 59 million, but that money will be given to Lamb and Parsons.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You guys are silly and illogical.
Dak having all the leverage means nothing. Why blame Dak for anything.
The Jones boys have not even met with Dak or his agent. They haven’t made an offer. They are dragging their feet when everyone wanted it done before free agency. Not Jerry and Stephen. They seem happy to have an excuse. They are planning to sign Lamb and Parsons. This lack of activity in FA is much more about those guys than about Dak. No anger towards them wanting to be top at their positions in $?

The Cowboys could have reduced Dak’s salary at any point in the past months, but they didn’t want the money yet because they were never going to spend it in free agency. They could have lowered Dak’s pay and freed up significant funds for free agency with a restructure that didn’t even require Dak’s permission, but that’s all waiting till they prepare to work with Lamb and Parsons.

I love Lamb, but he is the big mistake waiting to happen. Great player, but paying a WR top money is a mistake. WRs are available more and more every year. Keep drafting top guys every 3-4 years. Lamb vs a younger talented WR is not the difference in winning big games.

Pay your QB, your pass rush, and build the middle of your DL and OL. Everything else can be adjusted.

Just watch….Dak’s contract will get done, and his cap hits will be lowered in a big way from 59 million, but that money will be given to Lamb and Parsons.
If you are CD and Micah why would you want to be re-sign in Dallas?

CD will have no QB next year. I am sure he is going to love that.

Parson's I believe wants to win a SB more than anyone. That will never happen in Dallas.

They both need to demand a trade or just play out their contract and become a free agent.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I understand playing in free agency isn't the route to being successful, especially on day 1 but now we have needs that need to be filled and have the money to do so. The mistake in the Salary Cap is looking at it through a one year window. It would be easy this year to manipulate the cap to sign players. As of right now we have $98 million in cap room for 2025 & $189 for 2026. That is over $150 million more then the Eagles have in the same time frame and look how active they have been. I understand we have key players to sign in the future but should also try to win now.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Guaranteed Dak buys a nice insurance policy to protect himself from injury.

Dak and his agents hold all the face cards. Dak and his agent will not be making the first call.

Mentoer(Al Davis) has failed the student.

Game over.
Dak only has leverage if your desperate . Seems like Jerry is calling his bluff . I love it and your scared , it shows .

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak only has leverage if your desperate . Seems like Jerry is calling his bluff . I love it and your scared , it shows .
Scared of what? Dak and his Agent will be happy being a free agent next year. He will have multiple bidders and he can pick whatever team he prefers.

Dak is only in a win-win-win situation.

GM Jeruh will be in a start all over situation without a QB, a poor OLine, no RB, no DT's and no LB's.

And in return as a parting gift from Dak, GM Jeruh gets to look forward to Dak's dead cap hit and a future comp pick.

I am sure CD is going to be excited to sign a 5 year extension, not know long who his QB will be.

I am sure Parson's is going to enjoy being 5-12 instead of 12-5.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
What’s crazy is Jerry is doing exactly what you guys want him to do by not signing him but you’re still talking about this like he’s signed.

I'm just going off the fact that many reports are saying he wants to get a deal done.