Slater on Dak's contract/negotiation

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Guaranteed Dak buys a nice insurance policy to protect himself from injury.

Dak and his agents hold all the face cards. Dak and his agent will not be making the first call.

Mentoer(Al Davis) has failed the student.

Game over.
How much do you think a $100-180M insurance policy against injury costs an NFL player?

Swagger

Reaction score
Honestly if he does then that’s fine. In my opinion he’d be crazy to do it though. If he hits free agency he easily becomes the highest paid player (in AAV) of all time and there will be no shortage of bidders.

From the cowboys standpoint I’m honestly not sure they really care about 2024. Dak holding out would be justification in their minds to look at 2025 and punt on 2024.

I think we are looking at a matter of just a couple weeks for a dak deal to get done. If they wait until the draft or after then shame on both sides here.
No shortage of bidders from bad teams. It depends if he's onto playing football for the money or if he actually believes he can win a ring.

Swagger

Reaction score
Are you talking marketing wise strong? sure he may lose some sponsors but he may gain a real FO that can win.
No, a strong roster. The front office put together good teams in recent seasons particularly for the two play off losses against the 49ers. Prescott will not join a better team than those that are willing to pay him top dollar.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No shortage of bidders from bad teams. It depends if he's onto playing football for the money or if he actually believes he can win a ring.
I'd give him a better shot at getting a ring with a currently "bad" team that is willing to go all in and make a run rather than with the Cowboys whose currently letting talented players walk out the door with minimal effort so far of replacing them. Guys signing with the Cowboys because they're winners and on an upward trajectory towards a super bowl is a silly thought and is fans looking in the rear view mirror.

There is still time for Jerry to get things back on track, but not much. The 2024 Cowboys look to be shaping up to be the worst unit this team has had since 2020.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
No, a strong roster. The front office put together good teams in recent seasons particularly for the two play off losses against the 49ers. Prescott will not join a better team than those that are willing to pay him top dollar.
But you're going back 2-3 years to identify good teams Dallas has had. Not saying they were awful last season, they did win the division after all, but it's clear they had more holes on the roster last year than they had in 2021 and 2022. Now they've lost their starting C/DE/RB and most likely are going to lose their starting LT and possibly CB. Count in not having a legitimate LB on the roster and significant question marks at DT. If Jerry doesn't start to make some moves pretty soon I don't see at all how we can say this is a strong roster....It's just a top heavy roster with a few top level guys but we're also going to be starting a lot of JAGs and unknowns.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope he gets to go to a bad team. He's so good he will carry them. LOL.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This roster got boat raced by a 7th seed, I'm not sure where the strong is when you have safties playing LB and cant stop the run or pass...

fivetwos

Reaction score
Speaking of Slater, just saw a clip of her on NFLN.

Even she had a perplexed look on her face at the approach.

I mean honestly, these two are in way over their heads and have no real plan other than to give #4, #11 and #88 whatever they want and continue to sell merchandise and market those star players.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Speaking of Slater, just saw a clip of her on NFLN.

Even she had a perplexed look on her face at the approach.

I mean honestly, these two are in way over their heads and have no real plan other than to give #4, #11 and #88 whatever they want and continue to sell merchandise and market those star players.
100%

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is on a contract year.
Dak wants a long term deal.
If Dak gets hurt or stinks, then Dak will not get a good long term deal from anyone next year.

The Cowboys can sit tight and let Dak play out his last year. The Cowboys can let Dak seek a trade to a team who will give him a long term deal.

The Cowboys are in a better position regarding Dak than many think.
Not even close.

First off negotiations have not even started.

Dak will get a long term deal one way or another from Dallas or another team.

Dak will purchase a nice insurance policy.

Dak has no interest in a helping GM Jerry get trade value in his departure. Why would Dak want to join a team that has no draft picks?

GM Jeruh has no replacement QB.

Does CD really want to sign a long term contract with no QB?

Does Micah want to sign an extension with an Owner that is not trying to win a SB?

Swagger

Reaction score
This roster got boat raced by a 7th seed, I'm not sure where the strong is when you have safties playing LB and cant stop the run or pass...
My reference was primarily to the two losses against the 49ers where the QB was given multiple drives to win the game yet failed. But sure, focus on the play off loss to the Packers :facepalm:

Chasing6

Reaction score
My reference was primarily to the two losses against the 49ers where the QB was given multiple drives to win the game yet failed. But sure, focus on the play off loss to the Packers :facepalm:
The failed comeback with a broken league Pollard and unproductive Zeke.