Twitter: Slater shoots her shot for pick 17

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Thats four shots
:laugh: True. But she's got good intel based off the last two seasons. Be interesting to see who it gets narrowed down to within the next 48-72 hours.

Sydla

Reaction score
AJ Terrell?

Ewwww.

And I am simply not happy with this franchise once again using a first round or second round pick on an OL. How come teams find good OL throughout the draft but we seemingly think the recipe to good OL play is just use all premium picks on them?

I will not be happy if we take Ruiz, even in a trade back.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
AJ Terrell?

Ewwww.

And I am simply not happy with this franchise once again using a first round or second round pick on an OL. How come teams find good OL throughout the draft but we seemingly think the recipe to good OL play is just use all premium picks on them?

Chaisson or Henderson at 17 would be fine. Terrell in a trade back.

Don't understand the obsession with Ruiz either though. He'll probably be a good player, but why is McGovern and Looney not enough?

Looney/McGovern as a starter is no worse than any of the starters in the secondary, RE, or Jarwin.

Sydla

Reaction score
Chaisson or Henderson at 17 would be fine. Terrell in a trade back.

Don't understand the obsession with Ruiz either though. He'll probably be a good player, but why is McGovern and Looney not enough?

Looney/McGovern as a starter is no worse than any of the starters in the secondary, RE, or Jarwin.

I don't get it either. Looney was competent enough to make the playoffs in 2018 and that was with Connor Williams stinking up at LG for a chunk of the season. Let McGovern work at C and you have Looney as insurance.

Why would we throw yet another high round pick at the OL? It boggles the mind.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
AJ Terrell?

Ewwww.

I've always thought investing in the OL high was a good strategy. But we've not been able to cash in on the potential of our first-round offensive line like the Hogs and the Giants and the Cowboys of old did - i.e., Super Bowl championships. So, I'm good with a different approach.

J-man

Reaction score
She nailed the Trysten Hill and LVE picks the last two years.

no friggin way to Terrell at 17
no thank you to trade down for an O-lineman.
Although a trade back isn't bad at all, just not for O-line.

If it's between Chaisson and Henderson, and they're both available @17, it better be Chaisson.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Neither Chaisson or Henderson will be there at 17. Sign me up for Ruiz in a trade back. I can get a good corner in round 2.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
without knowing the details of a trade up or down, there is no way I can say I agree or disagree. It is the details that matter, I have no issue with getting Ruiz

Kaiser

Reaction score
Neither Chaisson or Henderson will be there at 17. Sign me up for Ruiz in a trade back. I can get a good corner in round 2.

I would like a trade back and Ruiz is a good prospect, but they had a similar high second round grade on McGovern last year when he dropped into the 3rd round. The talk of Ruiz could be a smoke screen to let teams know Dallas is completely willing to trade down in the 1st.

Reaction score
In the first round, I want a starter, or at least a player that’s going to play 50-60% of the snaps. We’re not handing starting C job to a rookie. He wouldn’t get off the bench in year one.

lkelly

Reaction score
Thats four shots
mariondrinking.gif

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:laugh: True. But she's got good intel based off the last two seasons. Be interesting to see who it gets narrowed down to within the next 48-72 hours.
Its really about the best you can do 4 days before the draft. We might get a more narrow look the day before or morning, but at least its a little bit insight.

What did she about Chaisson prior? Scanned her tweets and couldnt find anything

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In the first round, I want a starter, or at least a player that’s going to play 50-60% of the snaps. We’re not handing starting C job to a rookie. He wouldn’t get off the bench in year one.

How many games did Frederick play in his rookie season? lol Claiming we're not handing the starting C job to a rookie? How can you say that when Dallas did with Fredrick? I don't know if Dallas will get Ruiz or not but Dallas has proven they will start a rookie

Reaction score
How many games did Frederick play in his rookie season? lol Claiming we're not handing the starting C job to a rookie? How can you say that when Dallas did with Fredrick? I don't know if Dallas will get Ruiz or not but Dallas has proven they will start a rookie

One, Ruiz is not Travis Frederick. Two, Frederick did not have guys like Joe Looney and Connor McGovern in front of him. Those two are currently better than Ruiz IMO.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Pretty sure they tier a few players together, JB. And then they decide by who is taken and who is left, or rather or not to trade down.