Twitter: Slater: Staff surprises in store; Very little holdover from last year's staff

Praxit

Reaction score
...Jerry said to mike, "Bring who you want, I want no #6 ASAP". ;)..

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
along with one of the most accurate passers of all time and a Playmaking WR ...that elevated his game to even greater heights as the stakes and games got bigger......Like you said " are you moronic" that's hilarious!!!

So Emmitt was only a top 5 back of all time because he played with Troy and Irvin? Thinking that is moronic. I will also say the league rules have opened up big time to help offensive players make big plays. That was not the case when 22 played. Not seeing the difference is really moronic. Are you a moron or just being moronical when it comes to Zeke?

CWR

Reaction score
I mean.. Many players did express their appreciation for Jason Garrett on Twitter, but nobody was trying to get him to stay. Not like Brown.

Ill take your word for it. I know Brown has a bond with his guys. My irritation is based on how much the players like these coaches that have led them nowhere. Although I know in reality you cant look at it in a vacuum. What bothered me about Brown was his tough talk about Zeke on AON, which he never backed up. Coming of a regime that displayed no accountability whatsoever Im tired of talk without results. Zekes a phenomenal player but I dont think he is 100% committed. Id like to know if there is untapped potential in him that our coaches haven't brought out.

CWR

Reaction score
...Jerry said to mike, "Bring who you want, I want no #6 ASAP". ;)..

Yeah it appears he actually did. That teary eyed post game interview was Jerry having an epiphany about needed change. Awesome news.

quickccc

Reaction score
As if Zeke needs a RB’s coach or it actually matters?

it does matter.
I used to often hear testimonies from several NFL backs (emmitt, terrelll davis, faulk, thomplison, Curtis martin, etc.) per guest appearance, co-host or interviews in the duties and importance of a RB coach.

they stay on the RBs per assignments, game study and preparation, they teach up pass routes, how to set up screen passes, reading defensive fronts on the run (see assignments)
they'll point out if they think the RBs are slipping/need to shore up in blocking technique, awareness of blitzers,twists and stunts.
remind them how to handle and secure the ball, shoulder pad level, they are motivators and handlers. and that means a bunch during the heat of the battle.

Praxit

Reaction score
..its sad that because of a mediocre season, everyone appears bad. Its a bias, but that's how it goes.

Reactions: CWR

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Zeke needs a RB coach. He's a bit of a knucklehead when left to his own devices. He also needs to focus on speed and agility rather than strength. He is plenty strong enough unless he is really going for the Christian Okoye style.