Twitter: Slater: Staff surprises in store; Very little holdover from last year's staff

Aven8

Reaction score
As if Zeke needs a RB’s coach or it actually matters?

MikeB80

Reaction score
As if Zeke needs a RB’s coach or it actually matters?

in a new offense with new terminology he will. It will be really important for the backs to learn the offense along with everyone else. Zeke is great in protection and he will need to know the offense inside out to continue that and he will need a coach that knows it better than he does to teach it to him.

same as every other position.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I didn’t even know who the position coaches where when jimmy was coaching cause it didn’t matter. We were winning like crazy.

My my my we have fallen on some hard times

So, you hadn’t heard of...

Offensive Line Coach: Hudson Houck
Linebackers Coach: Butch Davis
Defensive Backs Coach: Dave Campo
Special Teams Coach: Joe Avezzano
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Mike Woicik

I’m sure there were more. I must be old :D

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I took these as two separate thoughts. In that, outside of a few coaches returning, there are surprising names still in store

I take that as Witten and Lee, basically, joining the staff in some role
Yes Lee replacing Bloom.

This makes sense.

Nolan might take on Lee as an assistant.

Possible also if they keep Columbo..Witten works with him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith 1st 4 years: Rushing 1262-5699, 4.5 YPC, 50 TD. Receiving: 189-1235, 6.5 YPC, 3 TD.

Zeke 1st 4 years: Rush 1169-5405, 4.6 YPC, 40 TD. Receiving, 189-1619, 8.6 YPC, 8 TD.

Zeke did this in 56 games. Emmitt played 62.

There is no reason on earth to complain about Zeke's play or to suggest he needs different coaching.

Are we comparing Mr Take Himself our of the game on a 3rd down in a must win game vs a guy that played an overtime game with a separated shoulder? Comparing Zeke to Emmitt is moronic. Are you moronic?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They all love Garrett and have been vocal about it prior. No one is saying anything now that hes gone. Players have been very comfortable with this staff for some time now.
I mean.. Many players did express their appreciation for Jason Garrett on Twitter, but nobody was trying to get him to stay. Not like Brown.

Reactions: CWR

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't have kept anyone of them. Clean em all out and start fresh. We just don't need familiarity around here anymore.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Are we comparing Mr Take Himself our of the game on a 3rd down in a must win game vs a guy that played an overtime game with a separated shoulder? Comparing Zeke to Emmitt is moronic. Are you moronic?
along with one of the most accurate passers of all time and a Playmaking WR ...that elevated his game to even greater heights as the stakes and games got bigger......Like you said " are you moronic" that's hilarious!!!