Twitter: Slater: Very strong interest in Cowboys and Von Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
I’m all for Miller, but you better find some depth because, like the Rams did, this guy needs protection during the season if you want him there in the post season. He cannot play every down at DE.

Yeah we would need a rotation regardless, but having him, Law and Parsons would be exceptional. I want to load up on OLINE in the draft, but another DE would be great as well. BPA out of either line.

CWR

Reaction score
Being 33, you're likely looking at a three year deal.

At this point, I would guarantee 2 and go from there. I just want us to get Von Miller lol

At this point I just want to see a roster with those 3 on it. Lemme just stare at the depth chart. Lol

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Von and C. Jones are to expensive Z. Smith has back problems I could see this front office going Clowney 2 years 18million and Armstrong 3yrs 15 million it would be the same price 14 per year as Gregory. Depth and better vs the run than Randy was. I wouldn't hate it. If those first two are deemed to much anyway.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I want V. Miller as well, but this front office is really shaky. If they want V. Miller, they need to make him an offer he can't refuse and get it ton within 24 hours.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Von and C. Jones are to expensive Z. Smith has back problems I could see this front office going Clowney 2 years 18million and Armstrong 3yrs 15 million it would be the same price 14 per year as Gregory. Depth and better vs the run than Randy was. I wouldn't hate it. If those first two are deemed to much anyway.

If we can afford a 6 sack breakout year at $14M per, we should be able to afford a 9.5 sack down year at $16M per.

dckid

Reaction score
He had 8 in 2019, didn't play in 2020 and 9.5 in 2021.

Both years significantly better than anything Randy Gregory has ever done in his career.
Fair point, let’s sign him. I figured he would want 6 or 7 million more per year.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I know one thing. This offense needs another starting WR and OG.
On defense, unless Parsons is going to play MLB as chief run stopper, we are desperate for a starting caliber LB and depth. And we must resign Kearse.

If we can manage these moves through FA and the draft, then I’m thrilled to add a FA pass rusher like Miller. But if the price is too high, I think we can be fine with DLaw, a rotation of adequate DEs on the other end coupled with the use of Parsons in passing situations. But, as always, if we are not strong enough up the middle to stop the run, pass rushers are of less importance anyway.

conner01

Reaction score
Base on some it would be BUT 8 sacks in last 9 games, when we had multiple DL combined that didn’t get that added together would be a Big improvement.
For the season he had 9.5 sacks in 15 games
Gregory had 6 in I think 11
Their QB hits are almost the same
Pressure a few more for Miller
But overall per game they had about the same stats
Miller has had a whole lot better career and he’s a monster in the playoffs
I’d love to sign Miller, especially if it was close to the price of Gregory but it won’t be
Anyone would rather have Miller but he’s certainly gonna cost much more I’m guessing

irishline

Reaction score
Statistics is what I was talking about
Their stats were very similar

If you call 60% more sacks, more than twice as many tackles, and 5 times as many tackles for loss very similar, sure.

Miller had as many tackles for loss as Gregory had combined tackles (19) last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.