Twitter: Slater: Very strong interest in Cowboys and Von Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
True but it remains to be seen if that is able to be given to a non family member.

Remember, the contract to Gregory was the completion of the big success story.
and we have 6 months to see how this shkes out to early to say we stand pat or maybe the an by the draft is DE at 24 kf a great one somehow falls like MP did at 12 ..than if not they go ink a VET. still plenty left/

blueblood70

Reaction score
True but it remains to be seen if that is able to be given to a non family member.

Remember, the contract to Gregory was the completion of the big success story.
not really if it were that important they wouldn't have added the clause and stuck to it..if the Jones wanted him here hed be here. they went all in but with bluff, RG called it Jones aren't distraught over it.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks signing Miller is a terrible idea? Give him a big contract, watch him be inconsistent in year 1 and useless in year 2 leading to a big cap charge for release in year 3.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Am I wrong to question just how much Von Miller will bring?

Is he any good vs the run? Last year with the Rams, he played in 15 games on that monster D-line with Donald, yet he only had 9.5 sacks; that’s .63 sacks per game.

What will he get on our DL? Say another less famous DE gets 5-6 sacks. Is Miller’s salary worth that extra 3 sacks on the season? Or do we think he’s going to explode this year in Dallas?
He's not the same guy as of 5 years ago, but who cares he still has something left. I hope we are not giving him a 20 million a year contract, that is my fear.

D4KADON

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks signing Miller is a terrible idea? Give him a big contract, watch him be inconsistent in year 1 and useless in year 2 leading to a big cap charge for release in year 3.

He had more sacks last year than Gregory and he just got a huge deal. If we sign him, it would probably be for 2 years and he’d finish his career here as a mentor to Parsons

I’d say that’s a great idea

dckid

Reaction score

Is he any good vs the run? Last year with the Rams, he played in 15 games on that monster D-line with Donald, yet he only had 9.5 sacks; that’s .63 sacks per game.

What will he get on our DL? Say another less famous DE gets 5-6 sacks. Is Miller’s salary worth that extra 3 sacks on the season? Or do we think he’s going to explode this year in Dallas?
I kind of feel the same way, to me he just isnt the player he was and we will be buying a good player, and maybe the Cowboys have to do that to have a legitimate threat opposite Micha and Tank.
His leadership and professionalism might be the biggest factor.
I want Chandler Jones or Von Miller. I want both Jack and Wagner.
Sign these guys and either make a run or be ready to walk away in 3 years. I would cut Zeke after June 1st to not only send a message but get some free cap space. I am sure someone will cut a RB, just look at the Niners every year they have three guys. We can sign a guy and he will get 1200 yards.
Be bold.

jujoboys

Reaction score

He didn’t play 15 games with the Rams. He started the season with the Broncos and then was traded mid season. He had 5 sacks in 8 games with the Broncos and then had 8.5 sacks in 11 games with the Rams (including playoffs). So he had 13.5 sacks in 19 games last year.

However, the last 8 games with the Rams he had 8.5 sacks including 4 sacks in the playoffs.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I kind of feel the same way, to me he just isnt the player he was and we will be buying a good player, and maybe the Cowboys have to do that to have a legitimate threat opposite Micha and Tank.
His leadership and professionalism might be the biggest factor.
I want Chandler Jones or Von Miller. I want both Jack and Wagner.
Sign these guys and either make a run or be ready to walk away in 3 years. I would cut Zeke after June 1st to not only send a message but get some free cap space. I am sure someone will cut a RB, just look at the Niners every year they have three guys. We can sign a guy and he will get 1200 yards.
Be bold.

Cutting Zeke post 6/1 doesn’t save anything on this year’s cap and only saves $4 million on next year’s cap. Cutting Zeke this year serves no purpose. He will play for the Cowboys in 2022 and how he plays in 2023 will determine if he is with them in 2023.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I say wait and see.

Do you see now? It's easy to agree that Dallas should not be willing to pay as much as the Bills are giving Miller, but that would be ignoring the problem. There are bona fide pass rushers they could have gotten for similar money to what they were willing to pay Gregory, they are just not willing to sign them. They don't see free agency as the answer, except with retaining their own. They see it as filler.

I'm a little bit mad that some of you actually made me start to have a little hope that they would change when I knew better.

Status
Not open for further replies.