Twitter: Slater: Very strong interest in Cowboys and Von Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
im betting Jones is feeling a bit burned and would go after the next best DE to make point and save fact. Just a hunch, who that is not sure 3-4 solid DEs left.

I think that's what fans want to happen, but it hasn't been their MO. If they follow their normal pattern, they will sign some kind of low-cost free agent who can start and who keeps them from having to force a draft pick and then try to upgrade in the draft.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I saw that interview of Jane Slater. It was clear that she was saying Von Miller was interested in Dallas and not that Dallas was interested in Miller.

Maybe they do decide to bring him in though. It would be nice, and Quinn would be able to use Miller and Parsons in a lot of creative ways.

She had a follow-up tweet that said her inside sources with the team said “we’re working on it,” which she pointed out was a stark difference with anything related to Earl Thomas, Jamal Adams, or Wagner.

EDIT (here’s the actual tweet):

Carson

Reaction score
She had a follow-up tweet that said her inside sources with the team said “we’re working on it,” which she pointed out was a stark difference with anything related to Earl Thomas, Jamal Adams, or Wagner.
They likely are.

Jerry is likely in panic mode and will pay for a Miller now.

bigE79

Reaction score
I saw that interview of Jane Slater. It was clear that she was saying Von Miller was interested in Dallas and not that Dallas was interested in Miller.

Maybe they do decide to bring him in though. It would be nice, and Quinn would be able to use Miller and Parsons in a lot of creative ways.
If the cowboys let this opportunity fall through,they are bigger idiots than what I already thought they were.

quickccc

Reaction score

OK, Von Miller is interested in joining Cowboys .... now is Stephen Jones interested in doing what it will take to sign Von Miller ?

Will it be the usual Money-Ball offer .. or bust ? :rolleyes:

Gaede

Reaction score

This is actually promising. Dare we dream?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's worth a phone call. Gauge what he wants for a 2 year deal.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not going to happen...remember who runs this mess!

Kalyan

Reaction score
All the agents leak this to drive up the price for their clients, they use cowboys and sign some where else

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think that's what fans want to happen, but it hasn't been their MO. If they follow their normal pattern, they will sign some kind of low-cost free agent who can start and who keeps them from having to force a draft pick and then try to upgrade in the draft.
somewhat true but if they were willing to spend nearly 14 on RG hey will give that to better player , they already have the role player ie Basham.,Armstrong ,gholston etc they know they need a starer and why they offered that to RG so I believe they can find a quality DE for close to the same money. Its solid gut feeling they will grab one of these guys

Ingram
Miller
Jones
Smith

VM may not be the guy but fit wise i think Chandler Jones being able to kick inside when Micah goes to end might be a better match.. good pass rush., good run support , and can play inside as well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

EDIT (here’s the actual tweet):

That’s good news then. I appreciate it.

We can hope.

slick325

Reaction score
Hopefully the organization is on the same page with possibly pursuing Miller. They clearly weren't when it came to Gregory, according to reports. Jerry is said to be livid. He did the negotiating and then after the fact Stephen decided to add language, thus blowing up the deal.

Will the Jones boys be on the same page on Von Miller? Who knows with this clown show.

Status
Not open for further replies.