Slater with a quote from a Cowboy source on free agency

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sign 2 short stalky WR's that nobody wants and put them at RB. Use the short passing game like NE did with Brady, as an extension of your run game.

Also figure out how to use 2 TE's in the passing game like NE, both of these will cause tremendous problems for defenses, because not many offenses use this approach.

Ferguson should have 80+ catches and Schoonmaker should have another 40+.
Fat Mike better be drawing up something exotic like this because our offense is looking pretty bleak right now.

offlimits

Reaction score
I mean they were in on Moss but his contract was too steep apparantly. Richest sports team in the world with the cheapest owners. The only thing All In with the Jones boys is the money is All In their pockets....
Never lose sight of the fact that they are the most valuable sports team in the world solely because of that stadium.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fat Mike better be drawing up something exotic like this because our offense is looking pretty bleak right now.
Big Mike aint doing anything but barbequing and enjoying his family.
He knows at some point next season he will be Road-Kill.
P.S.Only saving factor for him is if Trey plays and does well with the team in the playoffs.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Big Mike aint doing anything but barbequing and enjoying his family.
He knows at some point next season he will be Road-Kill.
P.S.Only saving factor for him is if Trey plays and does well with the team in the playoffs.
I think as the rift grows between Dak and the FO, Mike actually becomes more valuable because of his experience grooming QBs.

IF he can get Lance's mind to match his physical abilities, Dak is done and we might have a future star...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think as the rift grows between Dak and the FO, Mike actually becomes more valuable because of his experience grooming QBs.

IF he can get Lance's mind to match his physical abilities, Dak is done and we might have a future star...
Do NOT underestimate the Rape situation as it could become a ticking time bomb for the Dakster.
And we're all aware of how well he handles pressure situations so we might see Trey sooner than later.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do NOT underestimate the Rape situation as it could become a ticking time bomb for the Dakster.
And we're all aware of how well he handles pressure situations so we might see Trey sooner than later.
I'll withhold any judgement there until all the facts are out, but it will definitely be another distraction.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I mean they were in on Moss but his contract was too steep apparantly. Richest sports team in the world with the cheapest owners. The only thing All In with the Jones boys is the money is All In their pockets....
The alternative argument is that we've just gone through three 12 game winning season's.....funded by kicking the CAP can. Richest, yes, but that money's already been spent (its the Accounting of that money is the problem).
So the choice is:
A) Restructure, (Dak, Diggs, Steele and DLaw) and go All-In in 2024
B) Extend Dak.....though I dont think Jerry/Dak are close (especially on length of contract)
C) Reset the CAP, play-off the debt and be left with (first time for a long time) go into 2025 with approaching $100m

Now most would pick A), but GB highlighted that there's a lot of holes to fill and you better succeed because 2025 will be CAP Hell AND Dak is free to just walk away after realizing we dont have the CAP Space to pay him and a decent roster and he could get more money and a better team in Free Agency.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
So, they were "all in", but into tanking the season, good to know.

I would not even be slightly mad if this means they are getting rid of the high paid non performers of the team.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The alternative argument is that we've just gone through three 12 game winning season's.....funded by kicking the CAP can. Richest, yes, but that money's already been spent (its the Accounting of that money is the problem).
So the choice is:
A) Restructure, (Dak, Diggs, Steele and DLaw) and go All-In in 2024
B) Extend Dak.....though I dont think Jerry/Dak are close (especially on length of contract)
C) Reset the CAP, play-off the debt and be left with (first time for a long time) go into 2025 with approaching $100m

Now most would pick A), but GB highlighted that there's a lot of holes to fill and you better succeed because 2025 will be CAP Hell AND Dak is free to just walk away after realizing we dont have the CAP Space to pay him and a decent roster and he could get more money and a better team in Free Agency.
For me the holes have been there for years. Constantly putting a band aide on top of another band aide instead of cleaning, sealing, and fixing the hole properly. It is what it is at this point.

Cmac

Reaction score
Nah.

I think they’re at least talented.

Dak just sucks.
I got it.....get back with me when it's objective. Dak, with that kind of impact to a franchise, should be deemed powerful and the franchise just futile.