Slater with a quote from a Cowboy source on free agency

MojaveJT

Reaction score
The reason the 49ers and Philly always find deals is because THEY CALL AROUND. Only an organization with insane hubris would wait for people to call them
Personally, I think the Jones boys aren’t too popular with other FO’s. They’ll only make deals with Booger if they can fleece him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The reason the 49ers and Philly always find deals is because THEY CALL AROUND. Only an organization with insane hubris would wait for people to call them
Gotta work the phones early and often.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So serious question... what would be the point now to extend Dak to create space, with most of the top tier talent signed elsewhere?
Look at it this way. Even if the Cowboys had extended Dak a week ago, they still wouldn't have signed any top tier FA's.

It's just not what they do. Not in a very long time.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I mean they were in on Moss but his contract was too steep apparantly. Richest sports team in the world with the cheapest owners. The only thing All In with the Jones boys is the money is All In their pockets....
It's starting to look that way. The only way they can start getting their money's worth out of Dak is make him play QB and RB both.
:laugh::laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's starting to look that way. The only way they can start getting their money's worth out of Dak is make him play QB and RB both.
:laugh::laugh:
That is why they brought in Trance. He is more of a RB than a QB at this point.

McMicah

Reaction score
Personally, I think the Jones boys aren’t too popular with other FO’s. They’ll only make deals with Booger if they can fleece him.
I agree. I brought this up last season. No one wants to trade with the Joneses because no matter what the trade is, it will be all over the news and ultimately be casting the other team as the loser in the trade. I really do believe that other owners dislike Jerry and GMs have nothing in common with him because he can’t lose his job, so they don’t see themselves as peers

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree. I brought this up last season. No one wants to trade with the Joneses because no matter what the trade is, it will be all over the news and ultimately be casting the other team as the loser in the trade. I really do believe that other owners dislike Jerry and GMs have nothing in common with him because he can’t lose his job, so they don’t see themselves as peers
GM Jeruh makes it too obvious when he wants to trade someone. Example is Gallup. Everyone knows he will be cut. It is a deep WR draft. No one is going for trade for Gallup.

Maybe Gallup comes to his senses and restructures his deal.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
2nd round RB on the way. Just a matter on who it will be.
They absolutely love Brooks...............the dude from my beloved Longhorns who tore his ACL in November.............yeah, that is correct, he tore his ACL in NOVEMBER!!!

Rookie year will be a redshirt season, thus he checks all the boxes for our 2nd round pick:yourock:

Chasing6

Reaction score
They absolutely love Brooks...............the dude from my beloved Longhorns who tore his ACL in November.............yeah, that is correct, he tore his ACL in NOVEMBER!!!

Rookie year will be a redshirt season, thus he checks all the boxes for our 2nd round pick:yourock:
I hope this is a smoke screen.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They are not aggressive. They want player/agent to call them? That’s madness. Insanity.
I seriously have never heard of any pro sports team going into free agency and saying "if you want to play for us, give us a call".

This is seriously taking incompetence to an entire new level.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I seriously have never heard of any pro sports team going into free agency and saying "if you want to play for us, give us a call".

This is seriously taking incompetence to an entire new level.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
You have your people, call my people.

GM Jeruh, is basically saying.

"When no other team is interested in you, give me a call and we can work something out."

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Geez, so we expect our RB1 to make the same salary as our punter? I hope this isn't true but based on reports of Zack Moss being out of our range at $4 million per a year then he may be correct.
If Zach freaking Moss tells you, "I will sign for $4 mill a year"....................and you respond with "nah, we good" and dip out...................I have to seriously ask the question if you are tanking on purpose.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Cowboys' way of handling the NFL salary cap is one that leaves all credibility behind. It's strictly an amateur undertaking! :facepalm:

It really appears that they're determined to undermine any chances of success for the future. It's a pity they cannot act any wiser.
I have seen kids (like 7 and 8 yr olds) handle the cap on Madden better than these idiots.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Zach freaking Moss tells you, "I will sign for $4 mill a year"....................and you respond with "nah, we good" and dip out...................I have to seriously ask the question if you are tanking on purpose.
Sign 2 short stalky WR's that nobody wants and put them at RB. Use the short passing game like NE did with Brady, as an extension of your run game.

Also figure out how to use 2 TE's in the passing game like NE, both of these will cause tremendous problems for defenses, because not many offenses use this approach.

Ferguson should have 80+ catches and Schoonmaker should have another 40+.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So serious question... what would be the point now to extend Dak to create space, with most of the top tier talent signed elsewhere?
No point in doing it now, if you were going to do it the time was prior to free agency starting.

Dak's extension would have cleared $20-$30 mill in cap space that could have been used on guys like Barkley or Derrik Henry (impact players that could have put you over the hump)

Now, its totally pointless since most of the top tier talent that could have been the missing piece to get over the hump is gone. Might as well just let Dak play out the last year at $59 cap hit now.