1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Slump Busters?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by coult44, Jun 12, 2018.

1. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

4,973 Messages
    4,494 Likes Received
    As Cowboys fans continue to endure the greatest slump in Team history. One of the most significant slumps in NFL history. There is no doubt in my mind that we must all come together and individually do what we can do, to get the team out of this 23 year slump!

So, let's hear what you can contribute. Remember, this is solely for the sake of the team. If you're unwilling to personally get involved, come up with slump buster for one of the players or staff members.

Also, we all know the rules here at CZ. This could be fun, but as some of our leaders would say, "Stay within the guidelines" I don't think the staff would allow the Troy Aikman or Mark Grace legend Slump Buster stories.

The first slump buster I'm thinking about is doing a jersey bonfire ceremony. If the player is gone, after a quick word of memories, the jersey is going in.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  2. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,062 Messages
    15,823 Likes Received
    Burning Cowboys jerseys? That's blasphemous:thumbdown:

LocimusPrime, conner01 and Aviano90 like this.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

17,658 Messages
    12,876 Likes Received
    Unless it’s TO’s or Deion’s.

LocimusPrime and Tangle_Foot like this.
  4. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    Start winning at home would be a start. I'll start by burning two jersys, TO's and butt fumble Sanchez

LocimusPrime likes this.
  5. Tangle_Foot

4,062 Messages
    15,823 Likes Received
    Can't give you a half of a like so take the whole thing:)Deion was not a bad teammate but he is a nauseating analyst:facepalm:

LocimusPrime and Fletch like this.
  6. Tangle_Foot

4,062 Messages
    15,823 Likes Received
    You own a Mark Sanchez jersey:lmao:

LocimusPrime, 408Cowboy and Fletch like this.
  7. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

4,973 Messages
    4,494 Likes Received
    I'm gonna start with Roy
    Williams,, Austin, and probably Switzer.

Fletch likes this.
  8. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

771 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Seriously, who wasted money on a Switzer jersey?

408Cowboy, Tangle_Foot and Fletch like this.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,014 Messages
    9,028 Likes Received
    You boys need to go out and do it like they bust slumps in baseball.

It is the only way.

10. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

9,931 Messages
    14,430 Likes Received
    Need some JoBu Voodoo

LocimusPrime and Tangle_Foot like this.
  11. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

14,953 Messages
    12,489 Likes Received
    And expensive
    Rather burn an eagles fans jersey

LocimusPrime, GenoT and Tangle_Foot like this.
  12. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

18,076 Messages
    14,913 Likes Received
    Well, I could bake brownies, or maybe make a nice chicken casserole. Would that help?

13. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,921 Messages
    17,686 Likes Received
    I will start making boiled peanuts on game day. That will get us winning again.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  14. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Well-Known Member

1,504 Messages
    1,170 Likes Received
    This is what I was thinking...

LocimusPrime likes this.
  15. rkell87

rkell87 Benched

8,443 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    10 x 3 @ 85% max hex deadlifts positive reps only, superset with plyometrics. Three times a week for as long as you're under contract. Incorporate resistance bands into most position drills. This is the most practical thing we can implement.

Less practical

Find a way to make all film sessions interactive. I'd like to see players up and putting a physical action to the mental reps they are taking while going over film. I'm thinking 120'x120' room with yard lines and a big screen at one end, watch a play then line up and mentally and physically go over the proper way to execute against what you just watched.

Invest in cutting edge technology. We are close an era where cameras+ AI are going be able to diagnose a defense as they are jogging into position, and practice dummies are going to be able to mimic game speed. We don't want to be behind the curve when that happens.

3 minutes in a cryogenic chamber daily.

Stem cell treatment weekly.

Mandatory for next contract with club, off season fitness plan. I believe that football clubs should have partnerships with other athletic disciplines that will work on movements that will translate on the football field. Example: Olinemen working with high level wrestlers/mma grapplers, running backs working with boxers, tight ends playing small/power forward in basketball, safeties and cornerbacks playing ultimate frisbee. Anything that keeps them active, in shape, competing and getting better at something.

Lots more but that's a start.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,648 Messages
    47,002 Likes Received
    That's what we called chicks that were about 10 overweight...

LocimusPrime and coult44 like this.