Smokers/Grills BBQ talk

Them

Reaction score
I don't have a brand of smoker. I have a custom built one a welder friend made.
I do all my grilling and smoking on it.
No pellet,propane or electric smokers for me. I'm a Texan.
I use nothing but mesquite or hickory.

...lol...same for me...I got a large diameter piece of pipe (forgot the size) from the oilfield and had a welder do his magic...it's two decades old and still holding up well!...but I do want to get a simple gas grill to have for backup...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thanks ABQ. I appreciate the help On that note. What’s the best way to prevent the drippings from
Getting into the water pan then? I thought of throwing tinfoil down on racks, but then I assume that will affect the smoke from surrounding the meat the way u would
Want it to?

The best way is to set up a water pan that rests high in your smoker. If that is not possible, then go online and see if there are any accessories that are offered to alleviate this issue. I am not certain how your smoker is set up so if there are racks that are adjustable, maybe you use one of them to just set the water pan on. If none of this works, maybe you just have to live with the water and grease issue and just make sure you continue to make sure that you empty the pan if it starts to get full. The grease in the water will not hurt anything, it will just prevent you from being able to use the grease for anything else.