Twitter: Snap counts vs ‘Hawks

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The league was late in releasing these again this week…
Some things that stood out to me:
  • Good to see our entire OL play 100% of the offensive snaps.
  • Cowboys had a whopping 89 snaps on offense to the Seahawks 69.
  • I just don’t understand why Rico Dowdle gets no more than 16 snaps.
  • Mazi Smith only had 11 snaps.
What stands out to you?

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What stands out to you?

Still playing Tony pollard too much
Think we would be more productive with about 65 percent of snaps

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Gallup snap count got out of hand.
I'm ok with the snap counts. They've essentially phased him out of the passing offense without benching him. Nate Newton made a point how they are doing it in a respectful way since he's such a liked player in the organization. But I think it's clear they'll part ways after the season.

bigE79

Reaction score

What stands out to you?

Evans with only 3..wth did we even sign him for.

plasticman

Reaction score
If only there was a way to give Parsons a week off. Last year he was drained after 12 games. You didn't hear much about him past the middle of December.

bigE79

Reaction score
Schoonmaker only 28%. Mazi 16%. But don’t worry, they have the most ‘upside.’ :muttley:
Mazi is a head scratcher,I understand the learning curve but we need run stoppers and isn't that why we drafted him? At this point in the season he should at least be able to do that...and the te,total waste of a draft pick.

seamus18

Reaction score
I don't know, but Hunter Luepke had such a great pre-season, I thought he would get a few more looks to touch the ball on offense this season.

blueblood70

Reaction score

What stands out to you?

I agree that's what stands out to me Rico Dowdell and Hunter should be lined up in the eye formation more , they should be used a lot more to help Tony power be more explosive when it counts..

tell me this Bob when will it count the most?? you know in this four-game stretch we're about to have we call the gauntlet and then into the playoffs, would it be nice to have Tony Pollard flip flop this unbalanced snap count on the field with Rico, let Rico handle the load that's what I would have done look I'm not a coach but this three games and 15 day stretch would have been the perfect opportunity especially against teams that we really didn't need to have Tony at his best or on the field get a lot of rest.​
I mean reenergize type of rest and let Rico get rolling, let hunter be in front of him blocking and short yardage and goal line.. I do not understand why he's not on the field more either...​

I just feel like they're giving Tony his flowers because proving he's a number one running back and it's not working to me he's very average at 4 yards per carry doesn't say average, especially with his low touchdown count.. that should be all Mike McCarthy needs to get Rico on the field more and he's lost that opportunity now, now we need Tony and he's not as fresh as he could be.he NOT!

Tony Pollard is absolutely at his best when he's fresh when he's used to run more outside when he's not in blocking or as a decoy or on the field too much doing other things besides running you should be able to split those duties between hunter and Rico and I don't get it we had the perfect opportunity especially in these blowouts when you knew going into these games you weren't gonna need Tony for more than 1/2 you could have just got Rico tons more carries and took mileage off Pollard and I don't get it...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mazi is a head scratcher,I understand the learning curve but we need run stoppers and isn't that why we drafted him? At this point in the season he should at least be able to do that...and the te,total waste of a draft pick.
And yet he's not you know some of you think that you know more than coaches and scouts the reason we picked these guys they were never going to threaten our number ones this was a draft both of need that meets development for the future... By the way mazi Smith 27th overall I believe, his rookie season is not much different go look at Jordan Davis who was taking 13th overall by the Philadelphia Eagles...

show me where he had a better rookie season like prove it you know how hard it is to prove whether a nose tackles actually functioning is not just snaps on the field there is no real stat lines you just gotta go by with the coaches are saying the coach is saying he's coming along just fine and I believe schoonmaker also starting off hurt in the offseason behind a whole bunch of other tight ends we had on this roster and he's moved up to at least the coaches are comfortable bringing him in as the number two in a lot of cases now... This can be said about the draft they basically had back-to-back twelve win seasons we are full of talent we had guys locked in at almost all 22 positions as starters they went for guys they know can be good but that might need some development.. But everyone ragging on Smith is ridiculous he's a nose tackle there's not a lot you can really see production wise from a stat sheet..

Again, go pull up Jordan Davis his rookie year show me his production and show me how it's any different or better then Smith I bet you can't this year he's looking like he's better he's improved a lot just looking at the stats but there aren't many stats to look at that's the point... So if Jordan Davis was good enough to take 13th overall and almost be a ghost his rookie year I believe Smith should get some latitude as well...

You're constantly questioned scouts and coaches who have been doing this their entire lives they have a reason for why they pick players where they pick them especially when you're a team like the Cowboys who are picking very late in the draft because we've had back-to-back twelve win seasons with the starting roster returning almost in the whole not exactly but pretty close to it this is how you draft not everyone's gonna be a starter right away.. I look at it is the way they do stuff in college with red shirt freshman some of those guys don't really get in that way they can get an extra year of eligibility but in this case is a professional that's not the case but it's a similar developmental philosophy...

Praxit

Reaction score
..what's scary, Evans had 3 snaps. One was PI for 1st n goal.
Not a way to impress yourself.
I was huffing on that play. What was he doing in the secondary?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Gallup needs to see him snaps shrunk,give those to turpin or run more 2TE sets.