Twitter: Snap counts vs eagles

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Still basking in last night’s big win and beat down of the e-girls.
Some things of note from the snaps:
  • Cowboys again dominate number of plays- 82-55.
  • Entire OL again played all snaps. They are starting to work well together.
  • Michael Gallup had 40 snaps and made a couple of big plays. He’s basically splitting time with Tolbert now, who had 37 snaps.
  • Stephon Gilmore and Deron Bland both played in all defensive snaps. Gilmore had his best game.
  • Mazi Smith had 13 snaps and probably would have had less had Hankins not gone down.
What jumped out to you?

ghst187

Reaction score
What was the snap count for Parsons getting held but it not get called?
If it weren’t for these snap count graphics we’d never know if Mazi actually suited up for the game. I get it that it’s year 1, but ain’t looking good or even promising right now.
Nearly same for Moonshaker, but at least that’s partially because Fergy is dominating. Draft looks bad here 3/4 of the way through season 1.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

• Michael Gallup had 40 snaps and made a couple of big plays. He’s basically splitting time with Tolbert now, who had 37 snaps.
  • Stephon Gilmore and Deron Bland both played in all defensive snaps. Gilmore had his best game.
  • Mazi Smith had 13 snaps and probably would have had less had Hankins not gone down.
What jumped out to you?

Mazi is near worthless.

Hopefully he'll get better, but right now I'm concerned with Hankins out...

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What jumped out to you?
What jumped out to me? The fact that Tolbert was out there for 37 snaps and I didn't even notice.

CCBoy

Reaction score

What jumped out to you?

I guess this knocks the hell out of the crying about an Eagle linebacker that 'stupid' Jerry didn't force to become a Cowboy.

Momentum and Cowboy created turnovers dominated this Cowboys' dominant performance.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If it weren’t for these snap count graphics we’d never know if Mazi actually suited up for the game. I get it that it’s year 1, but ain’t looking good or even promising right now.
Nearly same for Moonshaker, but at least that’s partially because Fergy is dominating. Draft looks bad here 3/4 of the way through season 1.
Christ, Dallas is winning and young players are dominating. Just blame it on the Razorbacks for developing Jerry and Jimmy as football players.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I'm surprised that they haven't been able to carve out more of a role for Izzy/Thomas, especially in a blowout.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Christ, Dallas is winning and young players are dominating. Just blame it on the Razorbacks for developing Jerry and Jimmy as football players.
What?

The fact that they are getting absolutely 0 from the rookie class, and nobody in the class is even flashing, is a fair criticism lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What jumped out to me? The fact that Tolbert was out there for 37 snaps and I didn't even notice.
That many snaps in a game, don't kid yourself here, says a ton as well as projects.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Parsons was held quite a bit. He'll just have to learn to defeat the initial force movements that put him a prisoner of holds. I appreciated the bloody nose he delivered at the start of the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Hendershott. Not nearly the number of snaps though.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

What jumped out to you?

I would like for them to get Turpin more involved in the O - use that speed.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jalen Carter only played 35 of 82 (43%) defensive snaps. People here would be flipping out if such a high draft pick played so little. And he only had 1 tackle in those 35 snaps.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Hendershot and Schoonmaker snaps almost even. Hendershot is coming to reclaim his spot..he knows TE2 never should have gone to this rookie!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

What jumped out to you?

How did Parsons' snap count compare to other games this season? Seems like I saw him on the sideline quite a bit since he was battling the flu, but this says he still played 76% of the defensive snaps.

ghst187

Reaction score
Young players but certainly not rookies