Snap counts vs pats

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
cox only 1 play,,man what's up with that..LVE is not great in space and need to see Cox get more involved..

LVE's physical decline is noticeable. I can understand why he may be tentative to mix it up inside due to his neck issues, but what's the explanation for loss of agility? I dont recall him having many leg injuries I agree, I'd love to see Cox mixed in more to the lineup.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I agree. Blocked punt should have got us a TD. He was over the goal line on 3rd down but they wouldn’t review it. Half his body was over. That and the FG that was missed took 10 points off the board. Just glad he hit the others. I thought for sure he would miss that 49 yarder. Another 5 yards and that’s a miss.
The "missed" fg wasn't the kickers fault. He did everything he could to keep the free rusher from blocking the kick.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
One other note on Connor Williams. I’ve noticed this year that he is the only starting O-lineman that never plays a single snap on special teams. That’s extremely rare. The reason? He’s not reliable enough to not get bull-rushed into a blocked XP, FG or punt.

That is quite telling. Wonder what the Cowboys will do with him this off season.? I hope not an extension. He can be replaced and a lot cheaper.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is quite telling. Wonder what the Cowboys will do with him this off season.? I hope not an extension. He can be replaced and a lot cheaper.
I would be surprised if he gets extended here. He will get a job somewhere because most teams need at least some depth every year at OL. He has some skills as an OL but right now his primary skill unfortunately is holding.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Here’s what jumps out to me regarding snaps:
  • The Cowboys had 89 total snaps to the pats 54. Wow.
  • Tony Pollard only played 26 snaps.
  • Connor Williams played all 89 snaps. He now leads the league in holding penalties! What an embarrassment he’s become.
  • Those of us thinking the release of Jaylon Smith meant more snaps for Jabril Cox- he only had 1 snap.
  • Rookie DL Osa and Golston had 39 and 32 snaps.
What else jumps out for you?

Jaylon's release meant Parsons plays LB almost exclusively. I thought that at the time, and said as much, but folks were too busy doing cartwheels to realize their "Parsons to DE" dreams had been quashed. Maybe as the Cowboys gain more confidence in Cox we'll see Parsons move around more, but right now - and with Dlaw's return imminent - Parsons is going to play LB.

The team obviously sees something in Williams that most of us do not. If they don't trust McGovern I'd rather see Collins play guard and leave Steele alone. They've got an extra week to make that change now but I'm not expecting it. I just don't know how you can have one guy repeatedly setting the offense back and not try someone else.