Snap counts vs the Browns

lkelly

Reaction score
It should be noted on Mazi that he didn't play late in the game when we were ahead and brought in several "backups." Kind of like we brought in Mukuamu late for 16% of the defensive snaps and Nick Vigil playing 33% of the snaps at linebacker. In addition to not playing on most passing downs, Mazi was off the field early because of the big lead.
It's brilliant to keep Mazi fresh while letting Parsons play into the final minute. Our season is doomed if we lose Mazi.

gtb1943

Reaction score
It's brilliant to keep Mazi fresh while letting Parsons play into the final minute. Our season is doomed if we lose Mazi.
I want to believe this is sarcasm but on this forum you can never be sure; some incredibly stupid posts are serious

gtb1943

Reaction score
Joseph has to get into shape. Phillips looks average to me. He plays high which for a NT is not a good thing, which is why he calls himself a 3T - and that is what he played yesterday.

I watched Mazi closely yesterday and I thought he looked okay. Not great, but much improved over last year. I think this is what we wanted to see - improvement. He and Joseph may make a pretty good NT rotation. Osa had a lot of plays yesterday too. I think they need someone to give him a rest. Phillips could be that guy, especially on running downs.

By the way, it was a small sample size, but I thought Joseph showed some good strength and push inside. I think he will be as good as if not better than Hankins in time.
that would be good about Joseph if it holds up.

gtb1943

Reaction score
People were worried about Guyton and yet it was Zack Martin that almost got Dak killed out there. Football is a funny game sometimes.
even the best screw up/ on that play martin for some reason looked limp.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Micah at 91% of the snaps. Then later this year fans will be like WHY HAS HIS PLAY DROPPED OFF.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Get Parsons off the field in the 4th when you have a big lead. An extra 10-15 snaps at the end of the game really adds up over the course of the season!

100%.

It was INSANE to see him out there with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter and a 20 point lead.

Makes no sense.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Get Parsons off the field in the 4th when you have a big lead. An extra 10-15 snaps at the end of the game really adds up over the course of the season!
This was one of my two of biggest gripes of this game - the first one being the play clock debacle that eliminated Aubrey's 66-yard FG. Last January, the defensive players whined that they were tired which contributed to their poor performance against Green Bay. There was no reason for Parsons and D-Law to be out there in the final eight minutes. I also would have pulled Diggs and Overshown, as both are coming back from season-ending injuries from the year before. I wouldn't have cared if this meant that the Browns scored another garbage-time TD. To me this is a failure that starts with McCarthy. I get the sense that he doesn't control the players and that players want to be out there so they can pad their sack or INT-stats. I would prefer they get sacks and INTs in a meaningful win-or-go home playoff game than a regular season game where the outcome was already decided with 10+ minutes to go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not saying I disagree, but it's hard to get players like Parsons to come out of the game because they have individual goals (DPOY) as well as the team goals. So you have to find a balance. Second, we don't really have anyone to step in for Parsons as a pass rusher. At Mazi's spot, we have both Phillips and Joseph who can absorb snaps without any falloff. In fact, we may be improved with one of them in the game. Third, big guys have more trouble playing a lot of snaps than smaller guys. Conditioning can be more of an issue. If Mazi got up to 320 pounds before the start of the season, like Stephen Jones said, I guarantee that it's not all good weight.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People were worried about Guyton and yet it was Zack Martin that almost got Dak killed out there. Football is a funny game sometimes.
Yeah I can’t think of that ever happening before in Zack’s career. Or if it did I don’t remember.