Twitter: Snap counts vs Wash

Gambit

Reaction score
The problem with that is he gonna be classified as a safety or a linebacker that's gonna hurt him he's too much of A hybrid and if it's linebacker probably not dude you got guys like Fred Warner and Bobby Wagner just some off the top of my head but there are some dudes that can play linebacker I'm not sure about the safeties but if he's classified as a linebacker he's not getting in the Pro Bowl just because he's one of our favorites doesn't make him a pro bowler
Using PFF grades, Bell is grading out higher than Wagner at this point. And they list Bell as a LB.

I realize that off is not the end all be all but it's a site we all know and can use as a point of reference.

Weigh in also, Bell has been playing LB at a high level all season as a converted undersized safety, I can't help but to think other players and fans notice this fact and his play and I do expect he will get a Pro Bowl nod, first of many, this year

blueblood70

Reaction score
Using PFF grades, Bell is grading out higher than Wagner at this point. And they list Bell as a LB.

I realize that off is not the end all be all but it's a site we all know and can use as a point of reference.

Weigh in also, Bell has been playing LB at a high level all season as a converted undersized safety, I can't help but to think other players and fans notice this fact and his play and I do expect he will get a Pro Bowl nod, first of many, this year
you do realize the Pro Bowl is voters equal popularity contest it's not the same as it used to be I don't think bells getting the nod over Wagner as a pure linebacker Wagner is probably better in other people's eyes without looking at what we don't take seriously all the time is PFF grades... I'm just saying I think you forget the Pro Bowl is not a big deal the all pro very big Hall of Fame very big Pro Bowl =popularity contest..

Now with lots of guys dropping out because they don't like the game anymore they might be playing longer yeah guys like bell will probably make it and they might play but I don't think they're gonna be you know first choice they're gonna be alternates

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
No way Ridgeway makes the team this year in my opinion.
Yeah for me I think it was coming from a place of desperation with the DT position.

We’ve just neglected it since the days of Laroi Glover, and I’m over it

Gambit

Reaction score
you do realize the Pro Bowl is voters equal popularity contest it's not the same as it used to be I don't think bells getting the nod over Wagner as a pure linebacker Wagner is probably better in other people's eyes without looking at what we don't take seriously all the time is PFF grades... I'm just saying I think you forget the Pro Bowl is not a big deal the all pro very big Hall of Fame very big Pro Bowl =popularity contest..

Now with lots of guys dropping out because they don't like the game anymore they might be playing longer yeah guys like bell will probably make it and they might play but I don't think they're gonna be you know first choice they're gonna be alternates
Cool we both have opinions. We can agree to disagree that's the beauty of opinions.

Again, my opinion is he makes Probowl. Doesn't need to be yours and I'm cool with that.

Disclaimer:
This reply was genuine and sincere.

Gambit

Reaction score
Yeah for me I think it was coming from a place of desperation with the DT position.

We’ve just neglected it since the days of Laroi Glover, and I’m over it
Hankins and Mazi have entered the chat.

Disclaimer:
This reply is a lighthearted way if pointing out in last 2 seasons we have addressed DT.

Motorola

Reaction score

NFL was late releasing these this week…
Some observations:
  • Cowboys offense scored 38 points on only 54 offensive snaps. Of course Deron Bland provided the other 7.
  • The entire OL played all 54 snaps. Encouraging.
  • Jalen Tolbert had more snaps than Michael Gallup.
  • Malik Hooker had the most snaps on defense.
What are your observations?

Running back play distribution is a major concern to me finishing out the regular season.
Thanksgiving Day game___
Pollard___ 41 snap counts
Dowdle___ 12 snap counts
Luepke ____ 4 snap counts
This appears to me a bad plan on having a sustainable rushing game for the postseason.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Clark plays more snaps.

Rare for a player with only 5 starts in 11 games to make the Pro Bowl.1

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The analytical opinion would heavily suggest that Bell will not make the Pro Bowl for the 2023 season (They call it the 2024 Pro Bowl).

Clark plays more snaps.

Rare for a player with only 5 starts in 11 games to make the Pro Bowl.

Fred Warner didn't make the Pro Bowl last season...

Off-ball LBs generally only get selected for the inside LB spot because OLB spots normally go to 3-4 type LBs (TJ Watt, etc..). That just limits the spots available.

Pro Bowl tends to factor in what the player did the previous season (reputation).
Bland had 5 INTs last season and didn't make the Pro Bowl.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cool we both have opinions. We can agree to disagree that's the beauty of opinions.

Again, my opinion is he makes Probowl. Doesn't need to be yours and I'm cool with that.

Disclaimer:
This reply was genuine and sincere.
We don't have to disagree I'm saying he may make the Pro Bowl but it won't be first team first choice it will be as an alternate and he might play because he's never been in a Pro Bowl the Pro Bowl is a joke right now it is no longer carrying the same esteem as it used to that's my point

most fans understand that it's the all pro nominations and the Hall of Fame nominations or making the NFL top 100 because it's voted on by your peers as well as individual accolades you know like bland is up for defensive player of the year as well as Micah those things are all in front of the Pro Bowl right now.. The Pro Bowl needs to find out another way to make it more relative than making it flag football and having all these little joke nonsense things it means nothing it's probably the only All Star game in all of sports that mean nothing that doesn't look like the same product as you see during the normal regular games...

Again I agree Bell will get consideration but it will be as an alternate and then he'll end up playing because the guys in front of him we'll turn it down..

blueblood70

Reaction score
The analytical opinion would heavily suggest that Bell will not make the Pro Bowl for the 2023 season (They call it the 2024 Pro Bowl).

Clark plays more snaps.

Rare for a player with only 5 starts in 11 games to make the Pro Bowl.

Fred Warner didn't make the Pro Bowl last season...

Off-ball LBs generally only get selected for the inside LB spot because OLB spots normally go to 3-4 type LBs (TJ Watt, etc..). That just limits the spots available.

Pro Bowl tends to factor in what the player did the previous season (reputation).
Bland had 5 INTs last season and didn't make the Pro Bowl.
:thumbup: I agree with most of that and I also get the semantics but let's be real whenever we talk about Super Bowls I don't care if they're played in February it's for the 2023 season it will be the 2023 seasons Pro Bowl but you're right and I don't think bell is gonna make the Pro Bowl except as an alternate... And the fact that Fred Warner didn't make it is insane probably the best linebacker in the game and then FC for sure along with Wagner I get it you need gaudy stats but the Pro Bowl is really just lost all its luster anyway it's so far behind the NFL top 100 votes the all pro votes Hall of Fame boats I mean it it just isn't the same as it used to be so I don't think most players or fans get excited when they hear their team has X amount of pro bowl players....