Video: SNF Anthem: Faith vs Carrie

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm fine with either version read where it was Faith Hills decision to step away.

khiladi

Reaction score
Carrie>Faith.

Overall their voices are about equal, but we've been listening to Faith hill sing it for the last 6 years or so, so it's ingrained in us that Hill's version is the 'right' version.

But Carrie is better looking and just more... fresh, compared to Hill.

Both are far better than Pink. Pink is one of the worst things in music today.

Pink is one of the worst things in music today, in an industry full of Nicky Menaj's and Miley Cyrus' and a bunch of other non-talented auto-tuned females that can't sing? Pink is a talented singer. Furter, claiming Carrie Underwood is just better looking is a pretty subjective claim. If Carrie Underwood looks that good at that age, come back to me. Faith's legs are on a different level.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Pink is one of the worst in an industry full of Nichy Menaj's and Miley Cyrus' nd a bunch of auto-tuned females that can't sing. Pink is an awesome singer and pretty damn talented.
And claiming Carrie Underwood is just better looking is a pretty subjective claim. If Carrie Underwood looks that good at that age, come back to me.

Well, yeah. That's just my opinion with regard to Carrie Underwood being better looking than Faith Hill. If someone prefers Hill over Underwood, then that's fine.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pink is one of the worst things in music today, in an industry full of Nicky Menaj's and Miley Cyrus' and a bunch of other non-talented auto-tuned females that can't sing? Pink is a talented singer. Furter, claiming Carrie Underwood is just better looking is a pretty subjective claim. If Carrie Underwood looks that good at that age, come back to me. Faith's legs are on a different level.

I don't follow... Pink = good or Pink = bad ??

Rogah

Reaction score
Both are good and i like them.

Neither song does it for me.

You need a raspy rocket female voice. Just imagine Joan Jett singing, "I've been waiting all day for Sunday night..... Owwwwwww"
They tried that Year 1 when Pink did the song, and it went over like a lead balloon. Joan Jett may have worked because she is far more talented than Pink, especially considering that that song is based off one she wrote, but I doubt terribly many guys under 35 have a clue who she is.

As for Faith vs. Carrie, it's no contest: Faith.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
faith-hill.jpg

Yeah.. I'll take Carrie.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
faith-hill.jpg

Yeah.. I'll take Carrie.

Can't find any pics of Carrie without makeup but she's still young enough and has such a sweet wholesome face that she wouldn't scare anyone without it. At 46 Faith needs makeup and plenty of moisturizer. There was a thread with celebrities with and without makeup and it really destroyed the fantasies of a lot of men on here. Jlo looked like a prize fighter without makeup.

arglebargle

Reaction score
They tried that Year 1 when Pink did the song, and it went over like a lead balloon. Joan Jett may have worked because she is far more talented than Pink, especially considering that that song is based off one she wrote, but I doubt terribly many guys under 35 have a clue who she is.

As for Faith vs. Carrie, it's no contest: Faith.

There was probably a desire to get someone 'edgy' for their first season. Afterwards, I think NFL execs finally watched some of Pink's concert videos and went apoplectic.

khiladi

Reaction score
Can't find any pics of Carrie without makeup but she's still young enough and has such a sweet wholesome face that she wouldn't scare anyone without it. At 46 Faith needs makeup and plenty of moisturizer. There was a thread with celebrities with and without makeup and it really destroyed the fantasies of a lot of men on here. Jlo looked like a prize fighter without makeup.

carrie-underwood-no-makeup.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
Not bad without makeup she looks sexy when she's pissed.

Blah.. talk about not being the same Carrie on camera...

But, pictures don't often accurately reflect real-life beauty as well. A person could look worse in a picture without make-up than they look in real life without make-up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Blah.. talk about not being the same Carrie on camera...

But, pictures don't often accurately reflect real-life beauty as well. A person could look worse in a picture without make-up than they look in real life without make-up.

Some people are photogenic and some aren't. There's people who look better in photographs than they do in person and vice versa. I've seen Carrie in real life she looks just as beautiful in person as she does in pictures.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
They both are very pretty, but Carrie is 30 and Faith is 46.

Not a fair comparison.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
They're both great. To be honest, though, I was never a fan of the quasi-dubstep sound of the 2012 rendition.