SNF: Bills at Chiefs

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They haven't looked the same since the superbowl beat down. Defense is terrible and the offensive line still plaques Mahomes.

He still pulls incredible throws out of knowhere but the magic won't last forever. Wouldn't suprise me if they miss the playoffs unless something starts clicking more so on the defense side

Most everybody constantly oohed and ahhed over those "incredible throws" but while spectacular to see, you have to wonder why he was doing them - was he not a disciplined passer, or were the receivers not running good routes/getting open, etc.? After teams know to look for the underhand pass, etc. they're not as effective.

And as I noted a couple of years ago, why does he have all those "great" comebacks? You have to ask as well why are those necessary? Is the team just not that good, and Mahomes has to "do it all", or can he just not run an offense well? People in 2016 criticized Dak for being a "bus driver" quarterback, but the team was 13-3.

Understand I'm not absolutely saying Mahomes isn't an "elite" quarterback, but what at least one draft profile mention?
"Extremely sloppy mechanics"
"Unorthodox throwing motion/release"
There's a reason quarterbacks are taught from an early age proper throwing motion, to hold the ball a certain way before throwing, etc. It just works better. Like a sidearm throwing pitcher, who throws the ball differently but is still effective, it's not 100% necessary to throw a certain way. But it remains to be seen if Mahomes can get away with things over a long career....

terra

Reaction score
If Reid and company do not get on the ball, Mahones is going to end up like Brees. Lots of stats and only one ring.

RaZon

Reaction score
Chiefs got no pass rush. That won't work.

And they need a big RB.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If Reid and company do not get on the ball, Mahones is going to end up like Brees. Lots of stats and only one ring.

At least he's already been to twice as many Super Bowls as Brees did his entire career in his short 3 year career as a starter.