SNF: Packers at Chiefs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
23/33 305 yards 3 td's 0 int 129.0 rating while throwing to WR's no one has ever heard of... yeah.. not a great game by any means for Rodgers I agree for his standards.
Wel he didn’t throw it to his receivers he tosses it to his running backs and got credit for those touchdowns. His three touchdowns were to running backs not his receivers.....they did nothing this game of course Adams his best receiver was hurt though.

SacredStar

Reaction score
So did anyone see the Rodgers postgame on the side arm td?

He admitted he threw it up hoping Graham might be able to get it, and if Graham couldn't get it, "maybe the guy behind him could".

So there you have it out the horse's mouth. He threw it up hoping one of his receivers would catch it. Hardly a perfect pass. Would we be saying it was a perfect pass had a KC cb came down with the catch?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eli has 2 rings. Flacco has a ring. Foles has a ring.

Rodgers ring is coming up on 10 years ago. He hasn't made it back since. He's labeled as some all time great QB but he isn't.
Doesn’t matter. He got his ring. He’s one of the best of all time. You can use that argument for guys like Romo and Rivers who have nothing but you have a ring your legacy is cemented. No matter how much Flacco and Eli suck they got that hardware.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So did anyone see the Rodgers postgame on the side arm td?

He admitted he threw it up hoping Graham might be able to get it, and if Graham couldn't get, "maybe the guy behind him could".

So there you have it out the horse's mouth. He threw it up hoping one of his receivers would catch it. Hardly a perfect pass. Would we be saying it was a perfect pass had a KC cb came down with catch?
@mattjames2010 are you still arguing it wasn’t luck? Asking for a friend.

Praxit

Reaction score
..this game had me stressed out, my ears were hot. Andy Reid will never learn that playing aggressive, has to be done more than you dont want to. Sounds familiar in Dallas.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Eli has 2 rings. Flacco has a ring. Foles has a ring.

Rodgers ring is coming up on 10 years ago. He hasn't made it back since. He's labeled as some all time great QB but he isn't.

I don't like Rodgers much, but he does have a ring and has also won league MVP twice (2011, 14), those other QB's never did that.

The MVP award carries a lot of weight in terms of respect across the league and it should, especially if you win it more than once.

Only 9 players have won it multiple times since it was started in 1957.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't like Rodgers much, but he does have a ring and has also won league MVP twice (2011, 14), those other QB's never did that.

The MVP award carries a lot of weight in terms of respect across the league and it should, especially if you win it more than once.

Only 9 players have won it multiple times since it was started in 1957.

Your right, those other QBs didn't do that. What one of those other QBs did was waltz into Lambeau field and knock the 15-1 packers out of the playoffs on their way to another SB while Rodgers was busy hanging up the plaque he got that year.

I don't deny Rodgers is a very good QB. I just think people blow a little too much smoke up his butt. Rodgers for the most part goes as far as his team takes him. If anything, I think he underachieves. Got absolutely stomped by the Falcons in 2016 and it didn't surprise me. Couldn't beat a 9-7 Giants team at home. Lost to an Alex Smith Colin Kap. led 49ers team in every game they faced eachother. You can call him elite if you want. I might even agree with you when I look at the rest of the quarterbacks in today's game. But one of the all time best? Not even remotely close.

uvaballa

Reaction score
He does. Brady also has the best coach of all time. Rodgers has......Mike McCarthy.
Rodgers is just overrated. He’s been playing in the NFC which has mainly been weaker than the AFC and can’t even make it to a second SB. Dude looks great when he plays the Cowboys but not other teams in the playoffs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
@mattjames2010 are you still arguing it wasn’t luck? Asking for a friend.

That's not what you said, idiot. Yous said, specifically, he was trying to throw it away. That's not what the quotes, if they're accurate, suggest. He specifically said he was throwing it WITH THE INTENT for one of his receivers to make a play on it.

CPanther95

Reaction score
There was a healthy amount of luck in that pass ending up as a TD, but that doesn't diminish how incredible that throw was.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My hat's off to the Chiefs. To keep that game close with all the guys they have out and playing a QB who was coaching HS the week before. Great job by those players and coaching staff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rodgers is just overrated. He’s been playing in the NFC which has mainly been weaker than the AFC and can’t even make it to a second SB. Dude looks great when he plays the Cowboys but not other teams in the playoffs.
He was good enough to somehow get a ring though?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's not what you said, idiot. Yous said, specifically, he was trying to throw it away. That's not what the quotes, if they're accurate, suggest. He specifically said he was throwing it WITH THE INTENT for one of his receivers to make a play on it.
Ok you can push the goal post all you want but you were in that arguing that he had every intention to get it to his running back there. He didn’t. Admit you were wrong and move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My hat's off to the Chiefs. To keep that game close with all the guys they have out and playing a QB who was coaching HS the week before. Great job by those players and coaching staff.
Yeah they just didn’t have enough in the end but everything was good last night. Their effort,their crowd....coaching.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Rodgers makes throws that few QBs can make. Very few. He puts the ball in places only his guys can catch. He always leads teh league in fewest interceptions. The two he had this year bounced off the WRs hands. Last year the two he had bounced off the WRs hands. Packers lost to teams in teh playoffs because their defense could not stop anyone. I dont remember Rodgers playing defense against Kaperpunk when he ran for 300 yards against them. I love (not really) how fans contantly minimize what Rodgers does. they hate him because he smirks. They hate him because Greg Jennings said he was a bad teamate but ignore all the other teamates who say that isnt true. Hate him because he is on commercials. Hate him just because he is a great player. I hated Ali back when I was young because he was such a braggard. It was not until later than I appreciated his greatness. I wished then I could have seen and appreciated how great Ali was. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen play. He does it without a HOF WR or HOF running Back. Aikman had HOF players at both positions. Montana had probably the greatest WR to ever play. Every Qb in the history of the game who has had success has had HOF players to back them up at some point. As good as the best WRS and RBS have been for the Packers since AR has started playing none will be considered HOF players. . The best players Rodgers have ever thrown to were Jordy Nelson, Davantae Adams, and James Jones, none of which will be in the HOF. Last night his WRs were all free agents except for MVS. Put another QB on the field with a bunch of free agents and let me know how they do.

People are driven by their hate for a player. "Rogers whines for a call" I keep reading. Here is a memo for you. All players whine for a call. Ever time a WR gets up he is looking for a flag. Every time a QB misses on a contested pass, he whines for a call. Your guy does it too no matter who it is.

Appreciate the greatness now. In 20 years you will remember how special he was and how you ignored it.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Rodgers makes throws that few QBs can make. Very few. He puts the ball in places only his guys can catch. He always leads teh league in fewest interceptions. The two he had this year bounced off the WRs hands. Last year the two he had bounced off the WRs hands. Packers lost to teams in teh playoffs because their defense could not stop anyone. I dont remember Rodgers playing defense against Kaperpunk when he ran for 300 yards against them. I love (not really) how fans contantly minimize what Rodgers does. they hate him because he smirks. They hate him because Greg Jennings said he was a bad teamate but ignore all the other teamates who say that isnt true. Hate him because he is on commercials. Hate him just because he is a great player. I hated Ali back when I was young because he was such a braggard. It was not until later than I appreciated his greatness. I wished then I could have seen and appreciated how great Ali was. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen play. He does it without a HOF WR or HOF running Back. Aikman had HOF players at both positions. Montana had probably the greatest WR to ever play. Every Qb in the history of the game who has had success has had HOF players to back them up at some point. As good as the best WRS and RBS have been for the Packers since AR has started playing none will be considered HOF players. . The best players Rodgers have ever thrown to were Jordy Nelson, Davantae Adams, and James Jones, none of which will be in the HOF. Last night his WRs were all free agents except for MVS. Put another QB on the field with a bunch of free agents and let me know how they do.

People are driven by their hate for a player. "Rogers whines for a call" I keep reading. Here is a memo for you. All players whine for a call. Ever time a WR gets up he is looking for a flag. Every time a QB misses on a contested pass, he whines for a call. Your guy does it too no matter who it is.

Appreciate the greatness now. In 20 years you will remember how special he was and how you ignored it.
LOL at those that spew the overrated term for Rodgers. I wish the Cowboys had the good fortune of drafting him instead of Spears. Could you imagine Ware and Rodgers in the same draft? Oh well, Parcells and Jerry were just like the other 20 or so teams who passed on Rodgers.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ok you can push the goal post all you want but you were in that arguing that he had every intention to get it to his running back there. He didn’t. Admit you were wrong and move on.

YOU moved the goal post. YOU specifically said he was attempting to throw it away. NOW you are saying "Okay, he wasn't throwing it away, but he also had Graham in mind as well!"

His quotes, again if they are accurate since they are coming from a secondhand source here, going directly against the original claim you made in this very thread.

Rodgers - I meant to give a player a chance at the ball in the end zone

YOU - He just got lucky and was throwing it away

The freakin' wind didn't carry the ball to the corner of the end zone and magically drop into the receivers hands. He kept the ball in the field of play and put it in the area where only his receiver could catch it. That's not "luck" - that's a great throw and a great catch.