Snyder was Smart to Fire Turner

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
I hate Danny boy, but at least he smelled a loser in Norv Turner. Now we're hiring Snyder's rejects. The horror, the horror. Snyder wasn't the one dumb enough to hire Turner in the first place.

TheProphet

Benched
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1345849 said:
I hate Danny boy, but at least he smelled a loser in NorV Turner. Now we're hiring Snyder's rejects. The horror, the horror. Snyder wasn't the one dumb enough to hire Turner in the first place.

L A R G E! All that one Norv Turner has ever done is.....L O S E! LOL.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
before the bash: i dont want turner

i believe though if he had gone to an organization that was built with a strong front office he would have succeeded. If he didn't have to deal with sticklers like Dan Snyder and MR. Oakland Raider himself i believe he would have had a different record

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05;1345870 said:

i believe though if he had gone to an organization that was built with a strong front office he would have succeeded. If he didn't have to deal with sticklers like Dan Snyder and MR. Oakland Raider himself i believe he would have had a different record
So he'll excell under Jerry Jones? LOL

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1345875 said:
So he'll excell under Jerry Jones? LOL

yes and no, He will have a better edge againts Jerry by being able to say "if i can bring in so and so, we have a better shot at getting back to the big one, like the good old days" and No because hopefully Jerry by now is allergic to b/s and sneeze everytime he talks.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
Yes, the Skins have been SO much better since they fired Turner.

joseephuss

Reaction score
the kid 05;1345870 said:

Norv was in D.C. for almost a full 7 seasons. I think Snyder was only there during his last two. Of course that is when Norv was winning the most games of his coaching career. Norv was fired with a 7-6 record at the time in that 2000 season. Since that time Washington has had one winning season and a 42-57 record. Danny has made few smart decisions. He has just made decisions.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1345891 said:
Norv was in D.C. for almost a full 7 seasons. I think Snyder was only there during his last two. Of course that is when Norv was winning the most games of his coaching career. Norv was fired with a 7-6 record at the time in that 2000 season. Since that time Washington has had one winning season and a 42-57 record. Danny has made few smart decisions. He has just made decisions.
7-6....sounds like BP. LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Norv also put some together some very good season is Dallas. Don't kid yourself into think Jimmy Johnson was calling the offense for Dallas that was Norv and it was no accident that it was Norv who introduced Aikman to the Hall Of Fame. Troy knew who created the offensive success for this team

1fisher

Reaction score
T-New41;1345885 said:
Yes, the Skins have been SO much better since they fired Turner.

yep.... and so have the raiders!!!:rolleyes: :D

we don't know how this thing will turn out so all we can do is sit back and wait...... I have a feeling it will be better than expected!

I'm a little more optomistic with Norv over Wade.

1fisher

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1345918 said:
Norv also put some together some very good season is Dallas. Don't kid yourself into think Jimmy Johnson was calling the offense for Dallas that was Norv and it was no accident that it was Norv who introduced Aikman to the Hall Of Fame. Troy knew who created the offensive success for this team

good point! I look forward to an exciting offensive brand of football..... I got tired of the boring grind it out crap that Parcells likes to run!

Look for Julius to have good #'s next season!:starspin

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
funny, Dan Snyder fired the man we're about to name HC, I don't care if it was the right choice or not, Danny Snyder fired Norval Turner!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1345937 said:
funny, Dan Snyder fired the man we're about to name HC, I don't care if it was the right choice or not, Danny Snyder fired Norval Turner!

What does that have to do with anything?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1345946 said:
nothing really, just the indignity of it all :(

And if Turner is hired it will give him even more reason to stick to Danny Boy. :laugh2:

dfense

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1345858 said:
59-83-1. Oh my god. Facts are facts. Norv is what he is.
What was Parcell's before he came to Dallas. Stats lie!!!

AtlCB

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1345937 said:

Danny also fired Marty Schottenheimer and hired Steve Spurrier.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1345947 said:
And if Turner is hired it will give him even more reason to stick to Danny Boy. :laugh2:
that's the problem, looking at Norval's track record as HC, I doubt he has the ability to stick it to anyone, despite his owners and fan-base