Snyder was Smart to Fire Turner

joseephuss

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;1346233 said:
I agree. Casserly would not have ensured success. However, to his credit he had put together a pretty quality team (finally!) by 1999. If he had been around, instead of Norval and had the chance to hire another head coach in 1999, thigns may have been better

No gurantee that Casserly would have been a success. I am as big of a CC critic as I am of Norv Turner. But I think CC>Norv Turner

Kinda like the Cowboys winning a playoff game once in a decade, right? ;)

Washington was able to hire a good coach after Casserly and then Turner were gone. They got Schottenheimer. Although he is not a great coach, he is pretty good.

Turner is not a good head coach. His time in Oakland doesn't count. Any coach would look bad in that situation. I like him as an OC, but not in the head role. He isn't a horrible head coach, but he is just a guy. Dallas needs more than that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1345952 said:
I'm overreacting on the Snyder bit, but I don't need Snyder firing Norval to recognize that he's been pathetic as an HC

At 59-83-1 he is merely below average. Well, way below average. an average guy with bad skin who stunk it up at two franchises and wasn't so hot in San Francisco which was in an awful division.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
joseephuss;1346273 said:
Washington was able to hire a good coach after Casserly and then Turner were gone. They got Schottenheimer. Although he is not a great coach, he is pretty good.

Turner is not a good head coach. His time in Oakland doesn't count. Any coach would look bad in that situation. I like him as an OC, but not in the head role. He isn't a horrible head coach, but he is just a guy. Dallas needs more than that.

Agree with you on all counts

I think Norv is a fine OC. I like his offensive system, it is very sound, timing based passing, and power running. I generally like his play calling except for games when he would decide to be "Air Norval"

I think he is weak to be a head coach. Doesn't instill discipline in a team and cannot get them motivated for a big game. For some strange reason, his teams could never step it up in a big game, and were never clutch

The Dallas Cowboys can do much better. The Dallas Cowboys have to do much better. Norv Turner as HC won't get you back to the top