So confused about Dak

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
They were the number one D when we put 40 on them.

Hopefully this gets like 2016 when everyone we beat was just not that good anymore.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You just watched one.

I don't think i've ever seen a fan so entrenched in a Daniel Day Lewis character that they can't a concede a good game.
It was a great 1st half, and I enjoyed the win. 2nd half was very poor, the only positive by Dak really in the 2nd was when he ran for a bunch on one run after spinning into the line/ sack with a perfectly clean pocket.

First half was good enough to carry and our defense did their job to maintain that as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a great 1st half, and I enjoyed the win. 2nd half was very poor, the only positive by Dak really in the 2nd was when he ran for a bunch on one run after spinning into the line/ sack with a perfectly clean pocket.

First half was good enough to carry and our defense did their job to maintain that as well.

Dak didn't have to do anything in the second half. We were up 24-0 against an offense that could do nothing against out defense. So, we ran the ball the ball a lot and out together some long drives to kill clock.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak didn't have to do anything in the second half. We were up 24-0 against an offense that could do nothing against out defense. So, we ran the ball the ball a lot and out together some long drives to kill clock.
I never said Dak had to do anything in the 2nd. I'm just saying going 4-9 and looking skittish in the 2nd was not great qb play. I acknowledged what happened with the team and what he did in the first half. We had a great cushion at halftime so we were fine regardless of how Dak looked in the second.

In the 2nd half our run game was working, our defense was working, and we were against Bortles. That all helps. This offensive showing wasn't much different than before other than Dak running more than he usually does. Consistency is key game to game, just don't be surprised next week or any game after especially when we get to a team that plays defense like we usually see instead of doing what the Jags did and their schemes.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Dak is, and always has been a good, solid college QB. The primary question is; can Dallas adapt enough of the college game to sustain what we saw yesterday and, at the same time, keep Prescott from being carried out on a stretcher?

We shall see. If the coaches continue to try and make Prescott an "NFL" prototype QB, we're toast.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said Dak had to do anything in the 2nd. I'm just saying going 4-9 and looking skittish in the 2nd was not great qb play. I acknowledged what happened with the team and what he did in the first half. We had a great cushion at halftime so we were fine regardless of how Dak looked in the second.

In the 2nd half our run game was working, our defense was working, and we were against Bortles. That all helps. This offensive showing wasn't much different than before other than Dak running more than he usually does. Consistency is key game to game, just don't be surprised next week or any game after especially when we get to a team that plays defense like we usually see instead of doing what the Jags did and their schemes.

Dak is a chain mover and game manager. When his offense puts up 40 points on the top ranked defense, you have to give him props even if its only for the week. About the only way Dallas could have lost that game in the second half was to start throwing it. Sunday was as good as Dak gets.