So confused about Dak

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the heck happened? I'm still processing this win. The defense has been good all year, but how can a team look so clueless on offense for 5 weeks and then put 40 points on the NFL's top ranked defense? Is this a harbinger of things to come or was the coaching just that bad for 5 weeks and now they figured it out?

My biggest question though is who was that guy at QB and will we see him next week.........

waldoputty

Reaction score
What the heck happened? I'm still processing this win. The defense has been good all year, but how can a team look so clueless on offense for 5 weeks and then put 40 points on the NFL's top ranked defense? Is this a harbinger of things to come or was the coaching just that bad for 5 weeks and now they figured it out?

My biggest question though is who was that guy at QB and will we see him next week.........

it is all about dak.
he needs the freedom to run or his confidence goes down the tube
the problem is can he survive in the nfl running that much

Daillest88

Reaction score
If we continue to play to our strengths we are hard to beat if we go back to playing down to the opponents level which we usually do we are in trouble, I think just maybe Jason boy knows his arse is on the line, he was gutsy today and I loved it. We abused the number 1 defense today.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score

Contrary to what others say, it the Jags lack of a game plan against Beasley. Beasley had over half of the receptions and yardage

Romotil45

Reaction score

He only threw for 183 yrds. That's not a world beater.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jason Garrett football.

We play elite, top flight teams tough and beat them (KC last year) then struggle with lower tier teams.

Excellent win and hope it propels this team to more wins
I was meaning to look up what week did we play the Chiefs last season. Another one of those games we were suppose to lose and ended up winning.

All we can do is hope that this team learns from this win and keeps momentum going to take this NFC East lead.

DiResta

Reaction score
Jags came out flat and the Cowboys had a great game = beat down
if they played 10 times I think they win ~8 of them though

droopdog7

Reaction score
Well, that’s what many average qb are. Good one week, bad the next. It’s rarely just average all the time.

Now, not saying dak is going to end up average. Perhaps this will propel him to the next level. We can only hope.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My primary concern about Dak from the game. Was the miss to Austin. Man if he hits they pass when Austin had the step on Ramsey. This game would have been even more of a butt whipping.

Dak’s pocket presence was better today. He stepped up into the pocket and threw some decent balls. I hope he continues to improve that facet of his game. When he does so, he can play with accuracy. We need more stepping up into the pocket and less trying to escape out of the back.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He only threw for 183 yrds. That's not a world beater.

I'm not by any stretch a Dak bot. Truth be told I'm probably one of his harsher critics but you have to give them a credit he played well today.

The Yards aren't the biggest Factor because the majority of them were in the first half while we were building the lead. But to me the most encouraging part was he didn't miss many open receivers and his accuracy was pretty high for the most part. Give him his due today it was a solid performance for sure

Now the key is we need to get this kind of performance week in and week out. Every quarterback has the occasional bad game but he can't string together several bad games in a row as he has habit of doing over the past season or so

If he consistently plays at the level he did today making good decisions and hitting the open players he doesn't have to throw for 300 yards. This isn't Romo's Cowboys where the quarterback had to be Supernatural for us to have a chance

We have the League's leading rusher and a top 5 defense

I'm still not sold until I see this consistently but at the same time I recognize that he played a very solid game today and I'm very pleased about that