So, does Romo have to play now?

fortdick

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2363487 said:
How about this.

Romo doesn't play until he can grip the ball properly. This isn't about dealing with pain - it isn't about our record -- it is about not being able to throw the ball consistently.

SO if Tony has grip problems, we just go with the guy that can throw the ball effectively?

Who is that?

Johnson?

Bollinger?

Name me one of those two that can be effective throwing the ball? Johnson will face 9 guys in the box. Bollinger hasn't worked with the offense or the receivers.

Got news for ya. We can lose two before the buy and be in a world of hurt. Even with a healthy Romo is can see us losing 3, maybe four after the by. Would you rather be 10-6, 8-8 or even 7-9?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
fortdick;2363557 said:
SO if Tony has grip problems, we just go with the guy that can throw the ball effectively?

Who is that?

Johnson?

Bollinger?

Name me one of those two that can be effective throwing the ball? Johnson will face 9 guys in the box. Bollinger hasn't worked with the offense or the receivers.

Got news for ya. We can lose two before the buy and be in a world of hurt. Even with a healthy Romo is can see us losing 3, maybe four after the by. Would you rather be 10-6, 8-8 or even 7-9?

If the team does not play better than they did last week it really does not matter who the QB is. Johnson did not give up 165 yards to Jackson and he did not cause penalties that killed drives for us and kept drives alive for St. Louis. Johnson is not a guy who can carry this team but if others do their job then we can go out and win. Johnson was not the reason we lost nor was he the reason we lost to the Commanders. Others have to do their job if they don't then we will not win games.

fortdick

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2363568 said:
If the team does not play better than they did last week it really does not matter who the QB is. Johnson did not give up 165 yards to Jackson and he did not cause penalties that killed drives for us and kept drives alive for St. Louis. Johnson is not a guy who can carry this team but if others do their job then we can go out and win. Johnson was not the reason we lost nor was he the reason we lost to the Commanders. Others have to do their job if they don't then we will not win games.

This is true. But.......

Do we stand a better chance with a hurt Tony than a healthy Brad?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
fortdick;2363573 said:
This is true. But.......

Do we stand a better chance with a hurt Tony than a healthy Brad?

I admit I have mixed feelings and have said that depends on how this week goes for Romo. If he is having problems taking snaps or his accuracy is off or ball handling is greatly effected then I go with Johnson. I think it easy to lump it all on the QB but this team played bad and 1 man was not going to change that. We played poorly aginst the skins we lost but not so much because of Romo because we made too many mistake as a team. If Romo can show progress during the week then maybe we go with him but to throw him out there without really knowing all the facts is just a bit over reacting.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
fortdick;2363557 said:

Who is that?

Johnson?

Bollinger?

The news is this. Johnson is the #2 QB. That isn't going to change and he will be more effective than Romo if Romo can't grip the ball. Pre-game footage showed him losing the ball SEVERAL times as he tried to grip and throw. There is no way in hell that Romo could have done better than Johnson on Sunday.

You may think Johnson sucks and you may well be right. But he's better than what Romo could give right now. The sooner you face that the better you are going to feel.

alby

Reaction score
I'll be fine with a team that is 10-6 and is healthy and is playing well heading into the playoffs.

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
I say bring him back when Kosier gets back, or atleast until our Oline can prove they can block.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If we lose the next 2 and are sitting at 4-5 we would have to go 6-1 down the stretch just to finish 10-6 and have a shot at a wild card spot. That is asking a lot of a team that just lost 6 games in a row. We have to win 1 of the next 2 or it is going to be pretty darn hard to get in.

I dont think Romo will play and I think it is almost impossible for us to win with BJ as our starter unless he makes a drastic improvement. He was just down right pathetic last week. He locked onto his first WR and didnt even think about going through progressions and he looked scared out of his mind in the pocket.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
he has to play. if he doesn't play these next two games its season over. if he does play, and gets injured worse its season over. playing him still gives us a better chance.

fortdick

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2363726 said:
he has to play. if he doesn't play these next two games its season over. if he does play, and gets injured worse its season over. playing him still gives us a better chance.

So basically, it's either a bad decision, or a worse decision. I just glad we got a man like Wade to make that decision.

/off

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nors;2363316 said:
Let Brad play and go for a low 1st draft pick. Shoot, we traded that away!

No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't mean it is going to become true.

jjh

Reaction score
Hey, I usually just read but since I'm from Tampa I thought I would add my two cents in. Brad usually plays good against the Tampa 2 so he might surprise you. He is older now but who knows he will have incentive to make Gruden look bad. Tampa has been pressuring more than having sacks this year. If Tony is not able to hang onto the ball, the Bucs defense will eat him alive, jmo.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
alby;2363683 said:
I'll be fine with a team that is 10-6 and is healthy and is playing well heading into the playoffs.

10-6 will not be good enough to make the playoffs in the nfc this year.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2364028 said:
10-6 will not be good enough to make the playoffs in the nfc this year.
Yes it will. There is only 1 team with 1 loss in the NFC. Several with 2 and several with 3. These NFC teams are going to beat up on each all season. There isn't going to be a lot of 12-4, 11-5 teams this year. Even a couple of the division winners are likely to have 5-6 losses.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bootsy;2364379 said:
Yes it will. There is only 1 team with 1 loss in the NFC. Several with 2 and several with 3. These NFC teams are going to beat up on each all season. There isn't going to be a lot of 12-4, 11-5 teams this year. Even a couple of the division winners are likely to have 5-6 losses.

i hope you are right and the way injuries are happening to other teams...you just may.

great post.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2364418 said:
i hope you are right and the way injuries are happening to other teams...you just may.

great post.
I mean when you think about it the NFC(the entire league for that matter) is very inconsistent. Outside of the Titans(who I still don't think is the best team in the league) every team has had a stinker or two or 5 games this season. The Steelers and Giants have one loss but have had some lethargic efforts this season. I can see the NFC division winners like this:

NFC East - NYGiants - 12-4 at best - more likely 11-5(they have 5 more games against the NFC East and also go to Pittsburgh this Sunday)
NFC South - Carolina or Tampa - 11-5 at best/ 10-6
NFC North - Chicago Bears/Green Bay Packers - at best 10-6 more likely 9-7
NFC West - Arizona Cardinals - 10-6 at best -more likely 9-7.

If we finish 10-6 or better we are making the playoffs.

Audiman

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2363290 said:
I usually would think so. But even with a healthy Romo, Felix, Newman, Spencer, Kosier, Watkins, etc - we have a very tough schedule down the stretch. 2 with the G-Men, Skins, Eagles, Steelers.

I'd rather go into that stretch at 5-3, and lets be serious guys - this team doesn't have a chance without Tony Romo. 75% Romo > 110% Brad.

so, you'd rather Romo play these easy games(what should be) and risk further injury and go into the toughest part of the schedule with a decent record and a still injured QB?

you're seriously more worried about our record than getting our star QB healthy?

I'd rather Romo sit out and not play until he is 100% ready to play...