So far FA is going as expected for Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly. The Cowboys weren't paying the players they lost and they never spend big early in free agency.

And every year people act surprised.
We knew they weren’t going to be active in FA. The only possible major pursuit might have been RB. But we have our eyes on a Longhorn on draft day .

12+88=7

Reaction score
The low football acumen of the fanbase is immense.

They believe the team should act like they think. When the team doesn't, they are outraged.

ALWAYS think of how the team has done thing, how they operate, and you won't ever be disappointed.

Dallas builds their team through the draft. They only get the cheapest players in free agency so they can hold down the fort till one is drafted.

Think like the team.

Sydla

Reaction score

They believe the team should act like they think. When the team doesn't, they are outraged.

ALWAYS think of how the team has done thing, how they operate, and you won't ever be disappointed.

Dallas builds their team through the draft. They only get the cheapest players in free agency so they can hold down the fort till one is drafted.

Think like the team.
Thinking like the team does has gotten them nowhere.

That’s the problem.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We knew they weren’t going to be active in FA. The only possible major pursuit might have been RB. But we have our eyes on a Longhorn on draft day .
The rb they supposedly want won't play until the season mostly over or the season after. doesn't make sense to take him unless he falls far down.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Thinking like the team does has gotten them nowhere.

That’s the problem.
But you have to stay in reality.

You can fantasize about acquiring all these players, but you're just fooling yourself because that's not how Dallas operates.

When Dallas doesn't acquire anyone you don't get angry because you knew better. If you get angry you were just fooling yourself.

The team isn't the problem. The lack of grasp of reality is.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

Think like the team.

Building through the draft is fine. Never ever ever utilizing free agency is not and it’s becoming a serious issue. I’m pretty even keeled with this team and generally skew positive but being pretty good isn’t good enough when you’re entering year 4 of it. They need to be aggressive now to make the leap.

I’ll be patient as it’s early in the offseason but there’s really no excuse not to try and maximize the now and that means more than relying on role players and rookies stepping into key spots

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We'll get a place-holder in FA because that's how we roll.

Redline360

Reaction score
And people expected this year to be different lol. I got magic beans to sell you.

Bottom feed FA
Build through the draft / take injury prone 2nd round pick/ no waivers on a QB early ever. Granted the cowboys one of the better drafting teams
Stick with our guys to long
Give away players for peanuts

All successful teams teams lately have signed impactful FAs

12+88=7

Reaction score
Building through the draft is fine. Never ever ever utilizing free agency is not and it’s becoming a serious issue. I’m pretty even keeled with this team and generally skew positive but being pretty good isn’t good enough when you’re entering year 4 of it. They need to be aggressive now to make the leap.

I’ll be patient as it’s early in the offseason but there’s really no excuse not to try and maximize the now and that means more than relying on role players and rookies stepping into key spots
I don't disagree with you, Dallas needs to be more aggressive in free agency.

But I know the reality is they won't be.

I was speaking of those posters that are constantly starting threads or posting their disbelief how this team is not acquiring players on the opening of free agency.

They root for Dallas but have no understanding of the way they operate.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of the veterans we expected to not resign are going and we aren’t active in pursuing others .

Draft is only about a month away.
Yeah, that's what I expected too....it would be nice to sign a couple of stud FAs, but, I never get my hopes up anymore

MikeT22

Reaction score

Think like the team.
I know, it's vacation on the yacht time. They don't try to improve, they just hope to stay relevant.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You can fantasize about acquiring all these players, but you're just fooling yourself because that's not how Dallas operates.

When Dallas doesn't acquire anyone you don't get angry because you knew better. If you get angry you were just fooling yourself.

The team isn't the problem. The lack of grasp of reality is.
Yes we can grasp that it's how the team operates and yet still be disappointed in how our owner / GM / front office operates.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I expected too....it would be nice to sign a couple of stud FAs, but, I never get my hopes up anymore
I'm just interested in seeing who we are able to get for cheap. I'd expect a cheap RB, maybe a cheap LB, possibly a cheap DT, and possibly a cheap C. I don't know what names will fill those slots, but that's all I'm expecting. Maybe a third corner as well, if we don't re-sign Lewis.

Not saying I expect to get much at any of those spots, just that I'm interested in seeing who it is.