So far FA is going as expected for Cowboys

Flamma

Reaction score
All of the veterans we expected to not resign are going and we aren’t active in pursuing others .

Draft is only about a month away.
I'm not saying the Jones boys are amateurs. But if they were, what would they do differently?

This is what boggles my mind. Their SOP is as if they don't know what they're doing, and are afraid of making a big mistake. Like if you took my wife and made her GM. What would she do? Just stand pat and draft when your turn comes up. Fill holes with cheap free agents. Any one of us in here, and maybe some exceptionally talented primates can do that.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Thinking like the team does has gotten them nowhere.

That’s the problem.
And to everyone saying we shouldnt expect different. The owner and GM of this team came out saying we were all in. On other players. So yes. We should.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Judging from the postings on here, it seems like there are only two types of fans....those who have come to accept the way the team operates and therefore does not blame the FO, even after three decades of failure. And those who are delirious and delusional because we expect better from the FO to run this team in a more efficient and pro active way in building a championship team, not just hang around the rim. Jerry loves those who blindly follow his lead and accept it and misdirect their blame towards other fans instead who are optimistic and rational I am not going to succumb to his way of running this team no matter how long this nightmare takes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well Jerry did try to sell the fans on the idea that this season would be different by saying he was "ALL IN" and the focus would be on this year, not building for future years.

Jerry then proceeded to do what the Cowboys always do, which is nothing in FA.

But if you do the same thing you have done every year, how is this year going ALL-IN compared to any previous year?

The answer is Jerry lied to the fan base, plain and simple.
Perhaps some fans misunderstood what All In means to him.

I don’t think it meant we’d be active in FA. More so that we’d be resigning top stars and basically keeping core together.

It’s why I said there’s been no surprises thus far. Being somewhat sarcastic as usual but some are expecting more or different from this owner .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And to everyone saying we shouldnt expect different. The owner and GM of this team came out saying we were all in. On other players. So yes. We should.
I don’t recall him saying we’d be All In “ on other players”. I think some fans don’t fully understand what All In means to him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think their meaning of All In means they are going to stay their course. Not what we’d do,
What Jerry means by all in is different than what fans think he means by all in.

He shouldn't have said it without further clarification. Now it's come back to bite him in the butt.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
That might be what some fans want but not Jethro.
Jerry wants neither. Just be happy and keep forking over your cash. Jerry has strippers and illegitimate children to care for.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Judging from the postings on here, it seems like there are only two types of fans....those who have come to accept the way the team operates and therefore does not blame the FO, even after three decades of failure. And those who are delirious and delusional because we expect better from the FO to run this team in a more efficient and pro active way in building a championship team, not just hang around the rim. Jerry loves those who blindly follow his lead and accept it and misdirect their blame towards other fans instead who are optimistic and rational I am not going to succumb to his way of running this team no matter how long this nightmare takes.
Accepting the way our owner operates doesn’t mean we agree or like it .

But we have to recognize his intentions and adjust our expectations accordingly.

Doesn’t mean we stop calling it out and holding his feet to the fire.

I think anyone who has followed me over the years know how my target has always been our owner. This is meant to be a sarcastic reminder.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What Jerry means by all in is different than what fans think he means by all in.

He shouldn't have said it without further clarification. Now it's come back to bite him in the butt.
Right

He said it cause it’s an effective sound bite. He feels he can throw anything out there. If some take it as positive then it’s a hit for him.

Basically it means nothing is changing and we will resign Dak and keep McCarthy at least one more season. Those were the 2 big issues.

Some fans always looking for more hope put more into it. And he knew they would. Salesman at work. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry wants neither. Just be happy and keep forking over your cash. Jerry has strippers and illegitimate children to care for.
You’d think after all of these years more fans would better understand Jethro’s intentions.

Cmac

Reaction score
Closed-Until-Further-Notice-1.jpg