So I guess the scout swap with NE went belly up?

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
:banghead: Very sickening if so....we needed one of their OL's in the worst way....

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Yes because getting a backup OLineman from the Pats was the key to the superbowl! Get a life lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
X-Dawg said:
:banghead: Very sickening if so....we needed one of their OL's in the worst way....

Who picked Romo to be on the team?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What do you expect? A deal to be done right away? I would say its smart for each team to hold off with the deal until after the next 1 or 2 preseason games. You ever hear of injuries? If James and Burnett get hurt against New Orleans, we'll be glad we still have Shanle. Be patient, a deal or 2 will happen shortly. Bill himself said we have players other teams want. We will add an OL and WR before week 1, bank on it!

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Yes because getting a backup OLineman from the Pats was the key to the superbowl! Get a life lol
BACKUP!!! :laugh1: They'd both start in a heartbeat!!

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars said:
Who picked Romo to be on the team?
Ron Wolf pointed him in our direction ,,,,thought he was in the Favre mold....
Look it up...

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Even Bill said nothing would happen until after Monday.
Okay -didn't see that - my bad. Best Sig on the board BTW.... :bow:

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
There's also the fact that teams will be cutting people. It's possible the Cowboys are waiting out cuts to pick up some NE players that way. We'll undoubtedly be cutting some LBs--they may be cutting some OL.

Are you EVER able to phrase things in a positive manner? Geesh.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
There's also the fact that teams will be cutting people. It's possible the Cowboys are waiting out cuts to pick up some NE players that way. We'll undoubtedly be cutting some LBs--they may be cutting some OL.

Are you EVER able to phrase things in a positive manner? Geesh.
What can I say - I'm not happy with my football team - I'm not a settler - I have a high standard for them and as of now I see HUGE holes on the OL that could cost us 4 games in the standings .

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
Ron Wolf pointed him in our direction ,,,,thought he was in the Favre mold....
Look it up...
Huh? Now people are making stuff up? Ron Wolf had nothing to do with Romo and Cowboys. Cowboys Scouts did that scouting. And lot of teams apparently wanted Romo as UDFA, and Cowboys got him because Parcells talked to him.

Ron Wolf actually scouted or gave opinion on QBs during 2004 when he came to camp, where he was impressed most with Henson. But I guess since then, its been Downhill for Henson. Too bad, I had high hopes for him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RCowboyFan said:
Huh? Now people are making stuff up? Ron Wolf had nothing to do with Romo and Cowboys. Cowboys Scouts did that scouting. And lot of teams apparently wanted Romo as UDFA, and Cowboys got him because Parcells talked to him.

Ron Wolf actually scouted or gave opinion on QBs during 2004 when he came to camp, where he was impressed most with Henson. But I guess since then, its been Downhill for Henson. Too bad, I had high hopes for him.

You are totally right! X-Hawg just hates Parcells...and thinks that he does not know what he's doing when it comes to picking players...

Romo, from everything that I have ever read (unless someone can correct me) was picked by Parcells after the draft...

:star:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Problem with waiting for the cuts is that we are pretty far down the list as regards being able to grab off the waiver wire. Any good ones will almost certainly be snapped up by someone lower then us. And frankly Gorin from NE might be a good one to get- the man started for a SB winning team that had a 1600 yd rusher.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:

:hammer:

and yes, there were several teams interested in him.

JaiRiid

Reaction score
kinda have to wonder if Seau going to the Pats caused them not to pursue a trade for a LB...

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
JaiRiid said:
kinda have to wonder if Seau going to the Pats caused them not to pursue a trade for a LB...

That was my first thought after reading that the Pats had signed Seau.;)

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
What do you expect? A deal to be done right away? I would say its smart for each team to hold off with the deal until after the next 1 or 2 preseason games. You ever hear of injuries? If James and Burnett get hurt against New Orleans, we'll be glad we still have Shanle. Be patient, a deal or 2 will happen shortly. Bill himself said we have players other teams want. We will add an OL and WR before week 1, bank on it!

Good point CB22. I was thinking there may be a deal in place to make a move before the last round of cuts if injuries to their OL and our LB group did not play a factor. Big Bill is tight with their GM (son-in-law) so they can let it play out. We're not talking about trading game 1 starters here. Vet back ups can pick up the system quickly during the season.