So I soaked my contacts in Visine overnight

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
adamc91115;2909400 said:
The swelling apparently never went away completely and changed the size of my eyes.
Hey! it happens to the best of us.

My eye sight is still pretty good, but my wife refuses to go out in public with me.

She says it's because of the way I dress but I don't think so. :D

Bug_Eyed.jpg

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I've worn contacts for 27 years, and started out in hard lenses, of all things.

I have really dry eyes and can never sleep in them, or it feels like they are sealed to my eyes with super glue.

That being said, never use Visine, period. My eye doctor said that it's a big no-no, even if you don't wear contacts. You're better off getting rewetting drops. Most of the time, eyes are red because they're irritated and dry. Putting a good rewetting solution in them will clear that up.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;2909063 said:
Ouch man. I've put lenses in water overnight before and that works alright. Not sure why Visine was so bad.

I did that the night before and it turned them into octagons.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I took my grandson to the Dr for a physical to play football. He just turned 8. The dr asked him to read the 3rd line on the eye chart. Instead of reading each individual letter he tried to phonetically sound out the letters making a word. We all cracked up and he had no idea why....

I have worn contacts since I was a teenager and rarely use solution. I have gas permeable and every night they go in a lens case with water.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Signals;2909498 said:
Hey! it happens to the best of us.

My eye sight is still pretty good, but my wife refuses to go out in public with me.

She says it's because of the way I dress but I don't think so. :D

Bug_Eyed.jpg

Well if you go out with a hand on your shoulder as opposed to a parrot, then it is the way you dress. :D

Kangaroo

Reaction score
adamc91115;2909400 said:
To all those sleeping in your soft contacts, let me tell you from experience - Don't do it!

I ended up having to wear glasses for 2 months because my eyes got so swollen and I didn't even know it.

Then a few months down the road I started having trouble even only wearing the contacts for 4-8 hours a day... The swelling apparently never went away completely and changed the size of my eyes. I was wearing contacts that were way too small and ended up depriving my eyes of oxygen. Another 2 months of wearing glasses and 1 small white spot on my cornea, I'm finally wearing the right size contacts again. Luckily, the white spot is on the edge of the cornea and not in my line of vision.

Trust me, its not worth the trouble down the road. Just take your contacts out every night. You can sleep in them every now and then, but if you wear them constantly you're asking for trouble. I was very lucky not to have permanent vision trouble because of it.

Which goes back to the type of lenses you wear; had all these talks with my doctors and I been sleeping in my soft contacts for 10 years now not one issue.

Then again I spend a little extra money and swap contact lenses every two weeks even though mine are rated for 30 days. Plus the type I wear the night and days and then the Oysas allow more oxygen then other lenses on the market the more silicone the better beause they allow more oxgyen to get to your eyes.

Our there risk yes but the overall % are low you have higher risk getting the laser surgery than you do sleeping in contacts if you do the little things.

Did you know you should throw away contacts after swimming with them because of risk of eye infection which is why I keep about 5-10 daily disposals on hand to do just that swim in them and chunk them when I get home flush my eyes out with solution and then put back in my normal lenses.