So is Jerry cheap? Does Jerry cave? Did Jerry get taken to the cleaners?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks, that there was zero chance Lamb was going to sign before Jefferson. Jefferson and Lamb have the same agent. Many in here have been saying Jerry is too dumb and should have signed Lamb months ago. Others have said he is too cheap and doesnt want to pay his players.

So now that we see that Lamb got the 2nd largest non QB contract in history, is Jerry cheap?
Was the amount and number of years predictable? I say yes... if you look back at many of us and our thoughts, we said 4 years was gonna be the length. We said below Jefferson was going to be the amount. So are these contracts actually pretty predictable?

Jamar Chase is sitting in, and reportedly wants 4 years at 160 million. So what is he going to get? Is he actually going to miss games and get those fines? Or is this going to go down the predicted path?

How are the niners doing with their tackle and Ayiuk? I hear they have a top notch front office.
Oh, by the way........ is Lamb still "Mad" at Jerry? Will he put the Cowboys back on social media now? bahaha

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I find what Chase is doing to be an outside the box approach. He's asking for 40M a year because it will amount to roughly the same average cap hit as Lamb and Jefferson. This is because of the extra rookie year. Usually if you sign after 3 years, that's better for the cap. He wants it to be better for him. We'll see how this works out.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks, that there was zero chance Lamb was going to sign before Jefferson. Jefferson and Lamb have the same agent. Many in here have been saying Jerry is too dumb and should have signed Lamb months ago. Others have said he is too cheap and doesnt want to pay his players.

So now that we see that Lamb got the 2nd largest non QB contract in history, is Jerry cheap?
Was the amount and number of years predictable? I say yes... if you look back at many of us and our thoughts, we said 4 years was gonna be the length. We said below Jefferson was going to be the amount. So are these contracts actually pretty predictable?

Jamar Chase is sitting in, and reportedly wants 4 years at 160 million. So what is he going to get? Is he actually going to miss games and get those fines? Or is this going to go down the predicted path?

How are the niners doing with their tackle and Ayiuk? I hear they have a top notch front office.
Oh, by the way........ is Lamb still "Mad" at Jerry? Will he put the Cowboys back on social media now? bahaha
Isn't Jefferson making more per year, more in the total contract, and more guarantees? Would say he pretty much paid market.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Isn't Jefferson making more per year, more in the total contract, and more guarantees? Would say he pretty much paid market.
Lamb got everything he wanted and more. Bigger signing bonus and more guarantee.

2nd largest non QB contract in NFL history. Great job Jethro. Only he could have done it. Lol

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Lamb got everything he wanted and more. Bigger signing bonus and more guarantee.

2nd largest non QB contract in NFL history. Great job Jethro. Only he could have done it. Lol
I think Lamb got 136 million and 100 million in guarantees vs Jefferson's 140 million and 110 in guarantees. All contracts are structured differently, but basically he'll be the 2nd highest paid receiver which is the market. If the Cowboys reset the market again, yeah would say they got taken to the cleaners, but hey they saved 4 million over 4 years, haha.

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-si...n-to-four-year-140-million-contract-extension

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...most-money-guaranteed-per-year-every-position

Reid1boys

Reaction score

ugh.... smh. Were you on the phone asking Lamb what he wanted? Please show me a SINGLE documented article showing what Lambs demands were. JUST ONE!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'LL SPEAK FOR EVERYONE on here when I say WE KNEW what was going to happen!! Jerry is weak!!

CWR

Reaction score

Yes Jerry is still as cheap as he can afford to be. Losing Lamb would've been more expensive. Why didn't that same again make Jefferson wait until CD got signed?

Chase won't get paid. It's not nearly the same situation. He has 2 years left on his contract. Ayuik isn't as good as any of the three. Not sure his demands, but he doesn't deserve their money. Besides that they have Debo and drafted Pearsall.

CWR

Reaction score
and how do you know the Cowboys dragged it out?Maybe Lamb was asking for a 3 year deal.
For the millionth time it's ALWAYS obvious.

Had they made a reasonable offer and not gotten traction it would've been leaked.

They do NOT hesitate to use their PR machine to win the court of public opinion. I can remember going back to Dez and I'd wager it goes further than that.

THEY DRUG IT OUT.