So is Jerry cheap? Does Jerry cave? Did Jerry get taken to the cleaners?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Lamb got 136 million and 100 million in guarantees vs Jefferson's 140 million and 110 in guarantees. All contracts are structured differently, but basically he'll be the 2nd highest paid receiver which is the market. If the Cowboys reset the market again, yeah would say they got taken to the cleaners, but hey they saved 4 million over 4 years, haha.

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-si...n-to-four-year-140-million-contract-extension

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...most-money-guaranteed-per-year-every-position
No, the 110 isn’t “ fully “ guaranteed. Per Spotrac below.

Justin Jefferson and the Minnesota Vikings agreed to an historic 4 year, $140 million contract extension that includes $110M guaranteed for practical purposes, and $88.7M fully guaranteed at signing.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/47616/justin-jefferson

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry does what he always does, sit on his hands, act like no big deal, and then promptly caves and pays top dollar because that was the cost for waiting. Is it a victory or a defeat? Guess it depends on if CeeDee remains healthy and plays well from the get go, or gets hurt because of the lack of proper off season training and camp. So this still remains to be seen. But for CeeDee, we can already say he won because of his guaranteed money regardless.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes Jerry is still as cheap as he can afford to be. Losing Lamb would've been more expensive. Why didn't that same again make Jefferson wait until CD got signed?

Chase won't get paid. It's not nearly the same situation. He has 2 years left on his contract. Ayuik isn't as good as any of the three. Not sure his demands, but he doesn't deserve their money. Besides that they have Debo and drafted Pearsall.
Because Jefferson is pretty much the universally accepted number 1 WR in the league..... when you are number 1, you dont need to wait for others. Lamb was far more dependent upon Jefferson's deal than the other way around.

so is Chase going to miss games?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
For the millionth time it's ALWAYS obvious.

Had they made a reasonable offer and not gotten traction it would've been leaked.

They do NOT hesitate to use their PR machine to win the court of public opinion. I can remember going back to Dez and I'd wager it goes further than that.

THEY DRUG IT OUT.
ah.... its obvious because it is the exact narrative you want to push.

CWR

Reaction score
Because Jefferson is pretty much the universally accepted number 1 WR in the league..... when you are number 1, you dont need to wait for others. Lamb was far more dependent upon Jefferson's deal than the other way around.

so is Chase going to miss games?
Nope, he'll cave would be my guess. Hes already half way there being in camp. He's got one more year then he'll get paid.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Lamb got everything he wanted and more. Bigger signing bonus and more guarantee.

2nd largest non QB contract in NFL history. Great job Jethro. Only he could have done it. Lol
Jefferson has 110 M guranteed , whereas Lamb is 100. So it is in line

Jfconrow

Reaction score
All in all they have Ceedee for the next 5yrs at 154M. That’s about 31M a year. All the big names players will be signing in the 35M+ range.

I think there’s no way Lamb would be asking for more than 36M a year and the Cowboys were probably around 30M. I have a feeling Ceedee wanted his 5th year grossed up to 36M. If you look at it that way, they settled under 31M which is a win for the Cowboys.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No, the 110 isn’t “ fully “ guaranteed. Per Spotrac below.

Justin Jefferson and the Minnesota Vikings agreed to an historic 4 year, $140 million contract extension that includes $110M guaranteed for practical purposes, and $88.7M fully guaranteed at signing.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/47616/justin-jefferson
I guess we don't know yet how much of Lamb's contract is guaranteed at signing and if its structured similarly to Jefferson's where Lambs guaranteed water mark is 100 million, but 80 is at signing, etc. But the point is Lamb's contract overall is worth less than Jefferson's. Which makes sense.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I have been saying for weeks, that there was zero chance Lamb was going to sign before Jefferson. Jefferson and Lamb have the same agent. Many in here have been saying Jerry is too dumb and should have signed Lamb months ago. Others have said he is too cheap and doesnt want to pay his players.

So now that we see that Lamb got the 2nd largest non QB contract in history, is Jerry cheap?
Was the amount and number of years predictable? I say yes... if you look back at many of us and our thoughts, we said 4 years was gonna be the length. We said below Jefferson was going to be the amount. So are these contracts actually pretty predictable?

Jamar Chase is sitting in, and reportedly wants 4 years at 160 million. So what is he going to get? Is he actually going to miss games and get those fines? Or is this going to go down the predicted path?

How are the niners doing with their tackle and Ayiuk? I hear they have a top notch front office.
Oh, by the way........ is Lamb still "Mad" at Jerry? Will he put the Cowboys back on social media now? bahaha
If anyone on the Cowboys deserves to get paid it would be CeeDee. The dude is a stud out on the football field and another great thing about him is he's a solid citizen off the too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess we don't know yet how much of Lamb's contract is guaranteed at signing and if its structured similarly to Jefferson's where Lambs guaranteed water mark is 100 million, but 80 is at signing, etc. But the point is Lamb's contract overall is worth less than Jefferson's. Which makes sense.
Yes but it was reported that while the overall contract was 1 million more per season , Lambs signing bonus and “fully” guaranteed money was more.

Flamma

Reaction score
Chase doesnt want to be fined, so he is at training camp, he is at practice, but he participates in activities the same amount as you and I.
I don't think this should be allowed. If I went to work and said, I'm not doing anything, I'd be sent home without pay. If they don't want to participate, they should be sent home and fined.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think this should be allowed. If I went to work and said, I'm not doing anything, I'd be sent home without pay. If they don't want to participate, they should be sent home and fined.
You wouldn’t be sent home if you were a top producer who couldn't be replaced.

Most fans probably can’t grasp what it means to be highly pursued by employers rather than pursuing themselves which most fall into.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Lol. I would be sent home without a job. Maybe my boss should be the GM of the Cowboys.

CD got what the market allowed. Good for him.

kskboys

Reaction score
None of that. All in all, Jerry paid the wrong position, as he always does. We just gave top money to a slot receiver. Might cost us Parsons, will definitely cost us playoff wins. Reality bites.

Flamma

Reaction score
You wouldn’t be sent home if you were a top producer who couldn't be replaced.

Most fans probably can’t grasp what it means to be highly pursued by employers rather than pursuing themselves which most fall into.
Can't agree. If you're going to hold out, what difference does it make if you actually hold out, or you get sent home? None.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can't agree. If you're going to hold out, what difference does it make if you actually hold out, or you get sent home? None.
You missed the point. There’s only a very small segment of the best talent in a position to force the issue by holding out.