So it appears The boys arent #1

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
dadymat;2282626 said:

Although the Giants are the defending champs, it can be argued that Dallas sports the league's biggest bull's-eye because the Cowboys are continually mentioned as being the best team in the league.

I'm sure teams want to beat the Giants, but they are using Dallas as the measuring stick.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
gimmesix;2282633 said:
Although the Giants are the defending champs, it can be argued that Dallas sports the league's biggest bull's-eye because the Cowboys are continually mentioned as being the best team in the league.

I'm sure teams want to beat the Giants, but they are using Dallas as the measuring stick.
Agreed

This guy must not take into account the quality of wins that the Cowboys and Giants have had.

The Cowboys won @Cle, vs. Philly, and @GB.
The Giants won vs. Was, @Stl, and vs. Cin

Basically they played the worst team in the east, the worst team in the league, and maybe the worst team in the AFC...barely. Give me a break.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
The Giants needed overtime to beat the Bengals at home.

The Cowboys just smacked the Packers at Lambeau.

Nuff said.

Zman5

Reaction score
That must have been Aikman who did the ranking for Fox. :)

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Damn, the top 3 ranked teams are in the NFC East..............and then sit the deadskins at a "respectable" # 11

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd like to be the 3rd best team on the charts if you ask me. This way some of the attention can get off of us and on the other teams. But hey, we're the Cowboys and the world pays attention to us when we're even kinda good, so now that we're dynamic and awesome, the world can't get enough of us.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot WAIT to play the Giants.

jman

Reaction score
dadymat;2282626 said:

"We have a good football team," Romo said. "I know that. But it doesn't matter if you are the favorite now or the least favorite. The reality is, you have to keep playing games. You're not trying to be the favorite in Week Three. You're trying to be it at the end of the year. All we can do is try to control what we can do today and this week. Outside of that, we can't worry about the future and stuff that's gonna happen."

...What he said.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
only three weeks into the season and this guys rankings have been all over the place--some expert

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
That must have been Aikman who did the ranking for Fox.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

HOW TRUE IS THAT.......

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Not to get too worked up about this, we will get our crack at the g-men, but does anyone here not believe that if Brady was
playing and the pats were 3-0 that the writer would have found a justification to rank them first above the giants?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Future;2282648 said:
Agreed

This guy must not take into account the quality of wins that the Cowboys and Giants have had.

The Cowboys won @Cle, vs. Philly, and @GB.
The Giants won vs. Was, @Stl, and vs. Cin

Basically they played the worst team in the east, the worst team in the league, and maybe the worst team in the AFC...barely. Give me a break.

You nailed it.

hutru01

Reaction score
Power Rankings are funny. Especially 3 weeks into the season. I would rather Dallas not be on the top spot and not be the bullseye. We all know who is playing the best football so far. Until Dallas wins a playoff game, better yet a Superbowl, they could be in last place on that Power Ranking for all I care.