So it appears The boys arent #1

lspain1

Reaction score
Adrian Hasenmayer....the author of this dribble. A cursory web investigation reveals he might be from Philadelphia. I'll bet it grates every week to have to rank the Giants and Cowboys at the top. He probably hates the Cowboys just slightly more.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would not get too worked up over this. For one, you know FOX is throwing that out there to get attention. Read the notations on the Power Ranking. Everybody and their dog has Dallas #1 but Fox. If Fox introduces their ratings and Dallas is #1, then you read it. You say" Ahhhh..... Cool!" and you go on with your life. You pour your second cup of coffee and you never think about it again. However, if you say the Gmen are #1, you make mention of the fact that the Cowboy Fan base has their collective blood boiling over the fact that they are not #1 and you just let ride, you have a great deal of attention. Plus, you get all the East Coast NYrs clicking in to check it out as well. You start feeding the animal that is media hype. Fox is building towards a mega rating game. We have Washingtion, Cincy, Az, Rams, Bucs and then NY in game 9. Giants have Hawks, Brownies, 9rs, Steelers and then us. We could easily be 9-0 come week nine. NY has a pathetically easy schedule this year. The only team they should have to really worry about in that stretch are the Steelers. Even so, 8-1 is still a pretty good match up. Not as good as two 9-0 teams but still pretty good.

Don't be lead by the nose so easily. Every body knows we are the best team in Football right now.

;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2282926 said:
I would not get too worked up over this. For one, you know FOX is throwing that out there to get attention. Read the notations on the Power Ranking. Everybody and their dog has Dallas #1 but Fox. If Fox introduces their ratings and Dallas is #1, then you read it. You say" Ahhhh..... Cool!" and you go on with your life. You pour your second cup of coffee and you never think about it again. However, if you say the Gmen are #1, you make mention of the fact that the Cowboy Fan base has their collective blood boiling over the fact that they are not #1 and you just let ride, you have a great deal of attention. Plus, you get all the East Coast NYrs clicking in to check it out as well. You start feeding the animal that is media hype. Fox is building towards a mega rating game. We have Washingtion, Cincy, Az, Rams, Bucs and then NY in game 9. Giants have Hawks, Brownies, 9rs, Steelers and then us. We could easily be 9-0 come week nine. NY has a pathetically easy schedule this year. The only team they should have to really worry about in that stretch are the Steelers. Even so, 8-1 is still a pretty good match up. Not as good as two 9-0 teams but still pretty good.

Don't be lead by the nose so easily. Every body knows we are the best team in Football right now.

;)

Giants schedule is dumb easy it makes no sense

MONT17

Reaction score
Don't fool urself. We all know the the giants play to their competition and they play well v the boys. Very well everytime!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I have no problem with that. The Superbowl champs are 3-0. Until they lose (provided we don't) they should be #1.

landryscorner

Reaction score
And I quote "The Super Bowl champs may have lost some luster in some folks' eyes, but not mine."

Thats about all I read about this garbage spewing out of Foxsports.com

Apefist

Reaction score
That's OK. Just keep underestimating Dallas...like Green Bay did, like Philly did, like CLeveland di--no, Cleveland knew they were toast the minute the game started.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Clove;2282743 said:
I'd like to be the 3rd best team on the charts if you ask me. This way some of the attention can get off of us and on the other teams. But hey, we're the Cowboys and the world pays attention to us when we're even kinda good, so now that we're dynamic and awesome, the world can't get enough of us.
You know that's impossible no matter what our ranking is.

Everyone knows the deal.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the undefeated Super Bowl champions being ranked No. 1.

CooSTel

Reaction score
Dallas can be numero uno all they want. What good does that do them? Its hard to beat a good team twice, and damn near impossible to do it a third time. Spoken by the wisest of wise men. Check out last year. Holds true for the Pats and Giants series too.
My point is, dont go gettin a big head cause you have some success in the division early. I will revisit this topic later on.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CooSTel;2286361 said:
Dallas can be numero uno all they want. What good does that do them? Its hard to beat a good team twice, and damn near impossible to do it a third time. Spoken by the wisest of wise men. Check out last year. Holds true for the Pats and Giants series too.
My point is, dont go gettin a big head cause you have some success in the division early. I will revisit this topic later on.
Ooh, we can't wait. How privileged are we?

hutru01

Reaction score
RainMan;2284657 said:
There's nothing wrong with the undefeated Super Bowl champions being ranked No. 1.

That was last season. They are clearly not the same team this year. I guess we will see what happens with Dallas plays them. :rolleyes:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't want a ranking. I want to continue to see the Cowboys get better every week, while taking one game at a time.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have no problem with this.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/ricflair.jpg

Lets prove it against the Giants.