So, it looks like last place after today.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Who would have thunk it?

I am going to say after this weekend the NFC East is:

Giants 7-1
Skins 6-3
Eagles 5-3
Cowboys 5-4

Predicted final records:

Giants 12-4
Skins - 10-6
Eagles - 10-6
Cowboys 10-6

Oh what a playoff mess!

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2389374 said:
Who would have thunk it?

I am going to say after this weekend the NFC East is:

Giants 7-1
Skins 6-3
Eagles 5-3
Cowboys 5-4

Predicted final records:

Giants 12-4
Skins - 10-6
Eagles - 10-6
Cowboys 10-6

Oh what a playoff mess!

Can't argue. A win today would be a feat of epic perportions.

I do, however think we will get to a point this year where no one can beat us. I think we end up 11-5.

Mansta54

Reaction score
In the 1st week of Nov. I don't care what place we're in. It's the last part of Dec. is when I wanna be in 1st or at least 2nd place. We learned last yr, it's not where you start but where you finish....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mansta54;2389394 said:
In the 1st week of Nov. I don't care what place we're in. It's the last part of Dec. is when I wanna be in 1st or at least 2nd place. We learned last yr, it's not where you start but where you finish....

Agreed, but we should have had 1 or 2 more wins vs ok teams under our belts.

This stretch of games we are about to go into is going to be tough and we will have to be virtually flawless down the stretch just to get in the playoffs.

6-2 would be much better than 5-3 for our situation right now.

A win today changes everything if we could get one.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2389388 said:
I cant believe we're about to be 5-4.
That is what happens when you lose to teams you are supposed to beat.

We all knew that losing Tony meant hard times. We get past today and our season will look much better.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
CATCH17;2389400 said:

This stretch of games we are about to go into is going to be tough and we will have to be virtually flawless down the stretch just to get in the playoffs.

With Romo, Jones, Newman, Witten, and the rest of the players back after the bye, we should be primed to make a huge run. Roy Williams will be huge with Romo in there. Our defense seems to have found something, which makes us better than before.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I am in complete agreement, looks like the blame game will commence immediately following the Giants game. I am already trying to figure out who will be available in the draft at our position and at what position. The real test is when Crazy Cowboy loses his enthusiasm and is no longer uttering his fanatic devotion in laconic sentences. Let me be first on the pile for the Wade Philips leaving and letting Jason Garrett take over during the bye, this provides us with a free look at Jason(red dog) under the head coach microscope which shines much brighter than his current role, if he floats than lets start building around him with coaches that will be available in the off season. We have to get this thing turned around, we are very close even with Jerry meddling, heads up fans I can see this being a good thing. I am sad that we have wasted TO's year with our lack of good football decisions, we will look back some day and wonder how JJ/Philips could of let this year slip between their fingers with some of the talent we have assembled. We may also be privy to the pictures Bruce Read has of Jerry/Wade if the media does it job. Go Cowboys

Mansta54

Reaction score
CATCH17;2389400 said:

Yep, the stretch after the bye will be tough but with Romo, Kozier, FJ, and the addition of RWR, we can win all of them. This team, when healthy, is capable of winning out. Romo will bring alot of energy to the team, especially with those big plays he helps to create. I think we're gonna be just fine...

Mansta54

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2389404 said:
With Romo, Jones, Newman, Witten, and the rest of the players back after the bye, we should be primed to make a huge run. Roy Williams will be huge with Romo in there. Our defense seems to have found something, which makes us better than before.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!:bow:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Macnalty;2389408 said:
I am in complete agreement, looks like the blame game will commence immediately following the Giants game. I am already trying to figure out who will be available in the draft at our position and at what position. The real test is when Crazy Cowboy loses his enthusiasm and is no longer uttering his fanatic devotion in laconic sentences. Let me be first on the pile for the Wade Philips leaving and letting Jason Garrett take over during the bye, this provides us with a free look at Jason(red dog) under the head coach microscope which shines much brighter than his current role, if he floats than lets start building around him with coaches that will be available in the off season. We have to get this thing turned around, we are very close even with Jerry meddling, heads up fans I can see this being a good thing. I am sad that we have wasted TO's year with our lack of good football decisions, we will look back some day and wonder how JJ/Philips could of let this year slip between their fingers with some of the talent we have assembled. We may also be privy to the pictures Bruce Read has of Jerry/Wade if the media does it job. Go Cowboys
:welcome: to the CowboysZone!!!

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Way too early to throw in the towel.

Plenty of divisional games left, so anything can change in the blink of an eye.

With that said, I still hope your team gets blown out. Sorry.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Timbo2st;2389424 said:
Way too early to throw in the towel.

Plenty of divisional games left, so anything can change in the blink of an eye.

With that said, I still hope your team gets blown out. Sorry.

:trophy: ..... Sorry!!! Well, not really.... I just luv that trophy case...:lmao2:

QB9fan

Reaction score
too early to throw in the towel but I don't remember Tony playing that well before he got hurt.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2389430 said:
:trophy: ..... Sorry!!! Well, not really.... I just luv that trophy case...:lmao2:

It's nice, isn't it?

That reminds me, can you tell someone to get the dust off on yours. I mean, it hasn't been touched in ages.

Kilyin

Reaction score
QB9fan;2389432 said:
too early to throw in the towel but I don't remember Tony playing that well before he got hurt.

Yeah, he was only statistically one of the top 3 QBs in the NFL. He suxes.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Timbo2st;2389433 said:
It's nice, isn't it?

That reminds me, can you tell someone to get the dust off on yours. I mean, it hasn't been touched in ages.

At least it has been touched..

Mansta54

Reaction score
QB9fan;2389432 said:

Not playing well!! Ahh, lets see. He was leading the league in TD passes, he's still 2nd in QB rating with a 102. something, he was leading a Top 3 offense and the highest scoring offense in the league. But you're right, he wasn't playing well, can you imagine when he starts to play well..:D

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Mansta54;2389394 said:

Its gonna be awfully hard to finish 1st or 2nd in any division if you waited until Dec to start your best football.