So Many Blind Fans

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
9 penalties

poor coaching, terrible everything.

stop the homer stuff.

romo lost to Wash and AZ with sloppy play, penalties, turnovers, etc. had around a .500 record his last 10 games

Skins4Eva

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2394270 said:
Same story every week.

Take out all the bad plays by Dallas, add in some bad plays for the other team and a few good plays for the Cowboys and we would have won.

HAHA very true. Post of the year!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
ejthedj;2394225 said:
Everybody on here is crying and whining about stuff that is just stupid.

I keep thinking you guys must be blind, but it must be that you have NO clue what you are watching when you look at a football game.

There is one reason we lost today--turnovers.

That mostly boils down to Brad Johnson. He throws a pick, we give up a TD. When we had at least a FG

Our D gets a huge turnover, TO fumbles. Another at least FG for us.

Then, BJ throws another awful pick. We give up another TD.

If you subtract the turnovers, Dallas is very likely up 13-7 at half, getting the ball.

Then Brooks throws a bad pick, and its game over. Can't blame anybody for giving up at that point.

The D played Hard and Well. They were on the field for 40+ minutes! Nobody can play that long and not get worn down. They forced three turnovers and had some key sacks. If the offense gave them anything and stopped giving the other team points, this is a game.

It all boils down to the QB. BJ is so bad, he gave them 14 points. Our D scored 7. I say at the end of the half, they played a tied game 7-7 and shoulda given us at last three more. Plus, they got the turnover that gave us our second half 7. So the D generated almost 17 points today, despite playing 40+ minutes.

Stop questioning the heart and the effort. The D came to play. So did the special teams. We are just so handicapped with BJ. And everybody on offense knows it. The coaching staff was idiotic for not starting Bollinger if not for one reason--HOPE! The players know we can't win that game with Brad, but Brooks is unknown so he gives us that hope factor. If he starts, and doesn't throw a bunch of stupid and just awful inaccurate picks like BJ did, we had a shot.

You mean like how this teamed played all season !

I mean the 6 games Romo started we where -6 in TO margin all that happen is the team could not over come those type of mistakes when Romo went down.

Then lets not add in all the pre-snap penalties this team had before Romo went down with injuries.

Bad special teams plays giving up big plays

So what changed is we no longer have a QB that could cover up all the warts this team had.

The same warts that cost us a playoff game last year and reared it's head again all season.

So what is the Defense excuse all the games when Romo and crew where putting up 24+ points a game and they still sucked.

So just call me a :squirrel: then

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm tired of trying to get the youtube tags to work.​

Certainly, these are all piss poor pitiful throws. You expect an NFL quarterback to make throws under pressure, but to say that there wasn't any pressure applied to Johnson or Bollinger during these throws isn't quite true.

Johnson felt pressured so much during his first INT that he threw quickly off the wrong foot. On his second INT, he stuttered stepped into his throw possibly due to feeling the pocket collapsing on him. On Bollinger's INT, he had a blitzer coming up the gut nearly unblocked in his face.

Romo and most first string quarterbacks will make those throws, but Johnson and Bollinger aren't at this stage in their respective careers. I'm sorry, but these were bad throws which were affected by pressure, although whether it was truly genuine pressure or not can be debated.

[EDIT] oh well. it took me took long to post the videos to argue the point. doesn't matter though. i'm just a blind fan anyway...

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
royw3141;2394292 said:
couldnt agree more and what really kills me is that some people act like they didnt see this coming.

Another thing fans wont see coming is the Cowboys not making the playoffs. That will be a big surprise to many.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Oh sorry, since you put it that away.....

Everything is ok with the Cowboys after all. Nothing is wrong. They play tough, smart footbal from top to bottom. In fact, I have no reason to be pessimistic at all. What am I thinking? In fact this team has given me every reason to be a proud Cowboys fan the last 4-5 weeks. They're tackling is spot on. No penalties puts them in the best positions to win football games week in and week out. Special teams brings a tear of joy to my eye everytime they step on the field. And the Oline, oh don't even get me started on those guys... they are simply the best.

This post is proof that Wade Phillips is even brainwashing fans these days.

I keep thinking you guys must be blind, but it must be that you have NO clue what you are watching when you look at a football game.

There is one reason we lost today--turnovers.

That mostly boils down to Brad Johnson. He throws a pick, we give up a TD. When we had at least a FG

Our D gets a huge turnover, TO fumbles. Another at least FG for us.

Then, BJ throws another awful pick. We give up another TD.

If you subtract the turnovers, Dallas is very likely up 13-7 at half, getting the ball.

Then Brooks throws a bad pick, and its game over. Can't blame anybody for giving up at that point.

The D played Hard and Well. They were on the field for 40+ minutes! Nobody can play that long and not get worn down. They forced three turnovers and had some key sacks. If the offense gave them anything and stopped giving the other team points, this is a game.

It all boils down to the QB. BJ is so bad, he gave them 14 points. Our D scored 7. I say at the end of the half, they played a tied game 7-7 and shoulda given us at last three more. Plus, they got the turnover that gave us our second half 7. So the D generated almost 17 points today, despite playing 40+ minutes.

Stop questioning the heart and the effort. The D came to play. So did the special teams. We are just so handicapped with BJ. And everybody on offense knows it. The coaching staff was idiotic for not starting Bollinger if not for one reason--HOPE! The players know we can't win that game with Brad, but Brooks is unknown so he gives us that hope factor. If he starts, and doesn't throw a bunch of stupid and just awful inaccurate picks like BJ did, we had a shot.

Rudy

Reaction score
THANK YOU.

Can't blame the game on one person, but it feels so damn good to do it!
B-R-A-D.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2394250 said:
My only quibble is on the Owens fumble. If we got a FG or TD then, we get no Jenkins TD so they offset.

Why would we get no Jenkins TD? We'd kick off, then they'd have the ball. How is that different from them having the ball after the fumble? Either way, they'd have the ball.