CoachD

Reaction score
Oh really let's take a look...
1. Resigned Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn = Win
2. Reworked Lawrence's contract = Win
3. Franchised Schultz because they had to because of Jarwin's injury = Win
4. Got rid of a penalty feast of an O-line in Connor Williams = Win
5. Resigned a two solid safeties in Wilson and Kearse = Win
6. Traded Cooper who is injured a lot, disappears in road games, and they save cap space = Win
7. Let a headcase in Gregory walk who get more offside penalties than sacks =Win
8. Restructured both Dak Prescott and Zack Martin's contracts to save 22 million in cap space =Win
9. Let go of an aging kicker who misses a lot of chip shots = Win
So if this is a horrible off season then I'd love to see what a good offseason looks like because so far they've made a lot of changes for the better.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Numbers 4 and 6-9 are all just dumping salary cap space. If they aren’t acquiring equal/superior talent with that space, what is the benefit of having it? It won’t suit up in September.

This

Jerry said today that they wanted to use Coopers money elsewhere. Where did they use it? I’m not a Cooper fan but he saved Dak when he joined the team and made Ds stay honest. I hope our guys now step up but gaining cap to hold onto it isn’t a win.

coult44

Reaction score
6. Traded Cooper who is injured a lot, disappears in road games, and they save cap space = Win
7. Let a headcase in Gregory walk who get more offside penalties than sacks =Win
8. Restructured both Dak Prescott and Zack Martin's contracts to save 22 million in cap space =Win
So if this is a horrible off season then I'd love to see what a good offseason looks like because so far they've made a lot of changes for the better.

Brainwashed by mediocrity.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

A+ for the effort to spin this offseason as a success thus far.

It's simple. The roster right now is less talented than the one that ended the 2021 season. Anyone who argues otherwise is either just a ridiculous homer or a Jones.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
LOL.

A+ for the effort to spin this offseason as a success.

It's simple. The roster right now is less talented than the one that ended the 2021 season. Anyone who argues otherwise is either just a ridiculous homer or a Jones.

This certainly might be the case. But it’s definitely overvaluing what was here to begin with. That’s nothing new.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Can I add we find the best punter in the league for a ham sandwich with mayonnaise and mustard

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sign JC Tretter or Bobby Wagner and I’m okay with the off-season. Maybe unlikely but one can hope lol. Gotta hit on the draft!
I agree I'm okay with the off-season but we should definitely address some area in free agency and a center would be a great area to address I'm all for getting JC Tretter.

Yes some type of semi-impact player Wagner so Micah can rush the passer more effectively A nose tackle makes everybody's job easier or a solid lineman.

Give me some sure thing that can start and produce with the money that has been saved

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

jerry-jones-pointing.gif

MaineBoy

Reaction score

Sorry Brother, you lost all credibility with # 3: Spending 11 million on an average TE who can’t block is no “win” in any universe except Jerry’s. And yes, they did offload some mediocre players that they valued too highly, but only because of the ridiculously bad contracts they gave them. Then they turned around with the cap savings and did not sign anyone who would be an improvement or move the needle. And restructuring contracts to free up money you don’t do anything with is not a “win” either. I will give you # 9: though they should have cut him during the season - and they tried to re-sign him before the Jets did but they were too cheap, again. It ain’t easy trying to put lipstick on a Jerry Jones pig.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
While I can agree some of these could be looked at as wins, they don't necessarily equate to improving this team next year.

conner01

Reaction score
Numbers 4 and 6-9 are all just dumping salary cap space. If they aren’t acquiring equal/superior talent with that space, what is the benefit of having it? It won’t suit up in September.
4 and 9 had no effect on cap since they were FA
But no matter why you got rid of a guy or he left, you have to replace him with comparable talent or it’s a net loss.

John813

Reaction score
It's not a horrible offseason but I have to wonder what the FO really wants to do and how bad they want it.

If they are in win now mode, they sure are leaving a lot to hoping that there's still decent FA left-that want to sign and then the draft. Which would be something if they were picking high, but at #24 there's greater chances of losing out of someone they want.

I know SJ is pretty frank about sitting out of FA, but to me there's only a select amount of years where teams have "win now" windows before contracts expire or guys just decline. Our offensive line only has 2 guys left from the 2014-16 era and it's not like Smith is an iron man and Martin has had some injury issues the past few years.

That, and it's perplexing they are willing to give Gregory a 5yr 70 contract but then turn around and say no thanks to Jones, Smith and other DE's with better recent success and are in the same age range as Gregory.

visionary

Reaction score

I want all you blind homers to not complain about lack of talent when Dak struggles and we have a middling record

You all will be first in line making excuses