So "they're" saying that the Cowboys are having a horrible off season

Sydla

Reaction score
QB - stayed the same

TB - stayed the same

TE - stayed the same

OT - weakened. One can argue Steele is Collins equal, but in losing Collins, Steele is no longer a swing tackle so depth wise we are worse. A lot depends on Ball but we have no idea if he can play at this level.

OG - weakened. Yes, moving on from Williams was probably the right move but what's left on the roster is worse. They tried McGovern there and it didn't work and had to go back to Williams

OC - stayed the same

WR - weakened. We lost Cooper and Wilson and added Washington. A clear step down.

DE - weakened. They thought enough of Gregory to give him $70 million and when he bolted they came back to the fanbase with Dante Fowler for $3 million. LOL.

DT - stayed the same.

LB - stayed the same. Neal had his moments but him walking isn't horrible. They do need another LB probably, but from what finished the season, it's not all that much different than what we have now.

S - stayed the same.

CB - stayed the same.

So how anyone can argue that they actually have had a good offseason to me is puzzling. They didn't noticeable improve ANY position on the roster. They actually got weaker at a few. What's left in FA isn't likely to move the needle all that much at any position. And counting on the draft to deliver 3-4 immediate impact players at positions you have a clear hole/need is ridiculous.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So how anyone can argue that they actually have had a good offseason to me is puzzling. They didn't noticeable improve ANY position on the roster. They actually got weaker at a few. What's left in FA isn't likely to move the needle all that much at any position. And counting on the draft to deliver 3-4 immediate impact players at positions you have a clear hole/need is ridiculous.

6b6ojc.jpg

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Listen, this is how I sum up this offseason:

Everything the Cowboys have done is fantastic (at least in my opinion). It's what they haven't done that's the problem. This team has had multiple chances to improve the level of talent on the roster and had the resources to do so, and has just sat on their hands.

Teams with significantly less cap space have done what the Cowboys have not. That cannot be justified.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Oh really let's take a look...
1. Resigned Defensive Coordinator Dan Quinn = Win
2. Reworked Lawrence's contract = Win
3. Franchised Schultz because they had to because of Jarwin's injury = Win
4. Got rid of a penalty feast of an O-line in Connor Williams = Win
5. Resigned a two solid safeties in Wilson and Kearse = Win
6. Traded Cooper who is injured a lot, disappears in road games, and they save cap space = Win
7. Let a headcase in Gregory walk who get more offside penalties than sacks =Win
8. Restructured both Dak Prescott and Zack Martin's contracts to save 22 million in cap space =Win
9. Let go of an aging kicker who misses a lot of chip shots = Win
So if this is a horrible off season then I'd love to see what a good offseason looks like because so far they've made a lot of changes for the better.

The chart showing the teams with the most improvement says it all.

FN6A6p0XIAYaGFx

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Getting rid of Gregory and La’el were smart moves.

The Cowboys will probably be similar to their usual lack of playoff success.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well no offense coach but it would seem you're reaching a wee bit. I'm counting on the fact that MM and his OL coach buddy will get the axe early so that's a plus

Scotman

Reaction score
LOL.

A+ for the effort to spin this offseason as a success thus far.

It's simple. The roster right now is less talented than the one that ended the 2021 season. Anyone who argues otherwise is either just a ridiculous homer or a Jones.

I think I'm a ridiculous homer. but even I can't argue that we are more talented today than we were a few short months ago.

Sure, we cut some salaries. We got rid of some guys that were way more potential than production. But, we didn't do anything of note to replace them with someone better. I feel like the only area you could make a legitimate argument we are better at is kicker.

jnday

Reaction score
Man the Jones family really have you brainwashed. This offseason has been a disaster. Lost talent. Did not replace talent. Did not even attempt to sign anyone in free agency.

How long are you going to fall for the same song and dance?

Quit celebrating mediocrity.
Losing 5-6 starters without a good plan to replace them with anything more than cheap scrubs makes this offseason an epic failure.