So, this is what 3-4 LB's look like?

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2398466 said:
Exactly.

Just wanted to point it out in the midst of all this Pitt 34 worship.
Pitt also didn't give up 200 yards rushing and 35 points.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
jmo Farrior has lived up to his 1st round status which is more than i can say about some of our 1st rounders!... but as everyone knows I am real bias when it comes to Farrior:D

and Potsie is only 33

Chuck 54

Reaction score
rathalarge;2398013 said:
1. Pressure from both outside 'Backers
2. Sure tackling from the group, both inside and out
3. Special team cover guys w/a punt block
I see the difference betweeen our 'Backers and the Steelers. The way Anthony Spencer played last week and against the Cards before being injured, no doubt he should be starting opposite Demarcus Ware.

Don't sell the Skins' LBs short either...both sets of backers were looking for contact, throwing their bodies around, nailing people.

Ours are reaching out and leaning in....our entire front 7 is pretty weak for a 3-4 defense.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Elysium1983;2398168 said:
I love watching Troy plow through the line and get the ball carrier. Probably one of my favorite NFL safeties to watch.

Funny. Idiots on this board used to rant that he was overrated, and that Roy actually stacked up better than him.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I was really impressed with their ability to get to the perimeter on running plays. The Skins love to run to the perimeter with Portis and they stuffed him most of the time. Although Polamalu is far better than Keith Davis and was a factor on the running plays (and he's probably far better than Hamlin as well). I did see a lot of times were the Steelers corners were playing WAY WAY WAY off the receiver, but the linebacker was able to cover the ground underneath which would take away the slant and the only chance the WR would have was to go deep, which already had the corner back there.

YAKUZA

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2399085 said:
Funny. Idiots on this board used to rant that he was overrated, and that Roy actually stacked up better than him.

He was at one point. Even some Steelers fans would complain about how awful Troy's coverage was at one point. However, it improved greatly over the past 3 years and he started making more plays. Roy's coverage got worse and he started making few plays. Sometimes players improve and some players regress. Doesn't mean at times they were not overrated or underrated.

YAKUZA