Sydla

Reaction score
- We apparently lost our LT
- We lost our center
- Our RB room is the weakest in the NFL right now
- We lost one DT and may lose our best one in Hankins
- We are down one of our top 3 WRs.
- We have little to no depth at DE now

We signed one LB but frankly could use another vet IMO. We can debate whether letting some of these guys go was smart but nonetheless they still created a roster hole.

The Jones show no sign of concern and we have Stephen doing the annual “we get our players in the draft” spiel.

It’s downright perplexing that instead of building upon a division winning team it appears their plan is to field a team that actually could be less talented than the 2023 team.

I’d love for Stephen and Jerry to livestream their postseason personnel discussions. I bet it would be the most entertaining thing on television.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
- We lost our center

We signed one LB but frankly could use another vet IMO. We can debate whether letting some of these guys go was smart but nonetheless they still created a roster hole.

The Jones show no sign of concern and we have Stephen doing the annual “we get our players in the draft” spiel.

It’s downright perplexing that instead of building upon a division winning team it appears their plan is to field a team that actually could be less talented than the 2023 team.

I’d love for Stephen and Jerry to livestream their postseason personnel discussions. I bet it would be the most entertaining thing on television.
I think our depth at DE is Lawrence, Parsons, Williams, Golston and Fehoko. I'd like to see us pick up a vet like Ogbah, though, at least because I don't trust what Williams, Golston and Fehoko bring to the table.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think our depth at DE is Lawrence, Parsons, Williams, Golston and Fehoko. I'd like to see us pick up a vet like Ogbah, though, at least because I don't trust what Williams, Golston and Fehoko bring to the table.
Bodies doesn’t equate to depth. Armstrong and Fowler were much better than these guys.

exciter

Reaction score
- We lost our center

How do they have little depth at DE? They could barely get a 2nd round pick 12 snaps a game and BSed giving another (3rd round) snaps at 3t to get him on field. 4th was never active. They didn’t keep Tyrus Wheat on the active roster all last season if they didn’t think there wasn’t something there with some development!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keeping the 4 top jersey sales though

Having 4 players paid at the top of their positions is next to impossible but it appears the Jones family is gonna try it.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
- We lost our center

Keep in mind, next season we will be playing the division winner schedule. So, we will be facing the other division winners. We didn't fair too well against .500+ teams last year. This year could be even worse.

Chasing6

Reaction score
- We lost our center

Tyroon Smith signed for a 1 year potential $20M. See ya, bye-bye, good luck. Can you say Tyler Smith?

We lost our ~finish~ center - best wishes!!! JPJ or Barton would be a massive upgrade.

RB - time for a committee.

DT - Hankins will be resigned and we will trade for an another DT.

Gallup was an embarrassment of a top 3 WR. Schoonmaker alone should replace Gallup's production next season.

DE - Sam Williams and Fehoko will step up and rise to the occasion.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Tyroon Smith signed for a 1 year potential $20M. See ya, bye-bye, good luck. Can you say Tyler Smith?

We lost our ~finish~ center - best wishes!!! JPJ or Barton would be a massive upgrade.

RB - time for a committee.

DT - Hankins will be resigned and we will trade for an another DT.

Gallup was an embarrassment of a top 3 WR. Schoonmaker alone should replace Gallup's production next season.

DE - Sam Williams and Fehoko will step up and rise to the occasion.
Did you find Jerry's stash of Johnny Walker Blue?

Tyron's contract is really a $6M contract that can reach $20M with incentives he won't achieve. Tyron is a bargain at $6M and we should have antied up for that.

Powers-Johnson is not going to be there at 24.

It's looking like Hankins may sign with Seattle.

The second (blocking) TE is going to match the production of the third WR? Lol ok...

Fehoko wouldn't be on the active roster for at least half the teams in this league.

morasp

Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping they blow it up like the Bengals did with Andy Dalton, Geno Atkins etc. If that means a few lean years so be it.

Jipper

Reaction score
I am good with all of this…let guys go and keep the young core…gallop? He was terrible. Smith? It was time and we can move Tyler over. All the rest are jags and replaceable.

Just relax, this year is clearly about getting out of the cap hole they are in with dak and setting up the rebuild.

Might not like the losing, but better than a paper tiger regular season team that gets bounced in round 1

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping they blow it up like the Bengals did with Andy Dalton, Geno Atkins etc. If that means a few lean years so be it.
It's an unpopular take, but yeh I'm with you.
That 2024 team shouldn't have been so exposed by most good teams we faced and even though I supported the Henry trade, in hindsight I'm glad we didn't, as we were KO'd before any run game could take hold.
Need to go one way or the other, and the uncertainty over Dak probably supports the break it down approach.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- We lost our center

3933751476.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
- We lost our center

The Joneses are probably bringing the yacht over the Europe, to round up the best players from the old European league...Yep, I think they're pulling up to the dock now... We're all set!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
- We lost our center
Contact the mayor of Arlington and get the parade route ironed out.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Just hard to imagine 81 year old Jerry is playing the long game.
I think the problem is he is playing the long game. LOL. Conservative as hell on those contracts.
Kick Stephen out of that office and realize you’re going to die soon Jerry, spend spend spend. :flagwave:

The problem is they just have no gameplan. It takes a Jimmy or Tuna in the personnel offices to make that happen.