So what are our chances with Brad Johnson?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2335414 said:
To me it's all on the TB Game, that one is Iffy, I think we beat the Rams and lose to the Giants.

Especially if Pac has to sit that one out. If we win the first two, losing to the Giants won't hurt so much.

DMX690

Reaction score
I have a feeling Romo will be back for the Giants Game. And BJ will hold the fort down and win the next two games.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2335278 said:
First I apologize, I haven't been able to post because I started my new gig, so I don't know if this has been addressed and I don't see any threads about it.

I never got to see Brad Johnson playin the preseason but I remember hearing that he didn't look that great.

Is it a definate that Tony Romo will be out 4 weeks or is that just a prediction?

I think we can count on Romo being gone till the bye week, which means he'll miss 3 games, including the big game vs NYG.

As for Brad Johnson, we'd be ok with him for a few games IF the running game, pass protection and defense were playing well. But they arnt. We're also not healthy.

Frankly I'll be somewhat surprised if we win any of the next 3 games. Winning 2 of 3 would have to be considered a HUGE bonus.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Well, call me stupid, but I think he will be just fine. But we will see in the next couple of weeks. This is what being a fan is all about.

Mansta54

Reaction score
DMX690;2335438 said:
I have a feeling Romo will be back for the Giants Game. And BJ will hold the fort down and win the next two games.

I think the same thing and BJ is more the capable of guiding this team. Dude is a leader and very smart ballplayer..

utrunner07

Reaction score
You heard it here first folks...Brad is going to play lights OUT! Remember when he came into this same situation in Minn and went on a tear....same thing here...the question is going to be raised whether we stick with Brad or take a risk in bringing Romo back in...at this point Romo needs to be reminded what its like sitting on the bench anyway.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2335316 said:
I think we should be fine, because I think Brad's average arm is going to make Garrett shorten the passing game, which will mean more slants, and hopefully more TO and Crayton in the slot

Don't know how fine we are going to be, but I think you are right about the changes. Brad Johnson always had a quck read and release QB. If no one gets open early, he checks down, and waits for another chance.

Definitely going to be some adaption going on in the play calling. With all these injuries affecting things as well. I just hope that the running game picks up, because that is the cornerstone for the next couple of games. And it has been erratic.

robjgrif

Reaction score
First I apologize, I haven't been able to post because I started my new gig, so I don't know if this has been addressed and I don't see any threads about it.

I never got to see Brad Johnson playin the preseason but I remember hearing that he didn't look that great.

Is it a definate that Tony Romo will be out 4 weeks or is that just a prediction?

I was able to attend several practices during pre-season, and ya, he didn't look good at all, imo. Hopefully he does better filling in for Romo!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2335489 said:
Is there any chance that Romo could be back for the Giants game?

I guess there's a chance, but ultimately it probably depends on 1) how much pain he's in 2) how desperate we are as a team...things might be different if we lose to St Louis and Tampa both.

On the other hand they have to take into account how the OL is playing. Romo might get killed and injured worse with the way our OL is blocking right now.

30yrheel

Reaction score
we lost 2 of 3 with Romo, how are we anywhere near as good with Brad?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2335442 said:
I think we can count on Romo being gone till the bye week, which means he'll miss 3 games, including the big game vs NYG.

As for Brad Johnson, we'd be ok with him for a few games IF the running game, pass protection and defense were playing well. But they arnt. We're also not healthy.

Frankly I'll be somewhat surprised if we win any of the next 3 games. Winning 2 of 3 would have to be considered a HUGE bonus.

Exactly the way I am feeling. Do you people remember the preseason? Johnson is past it, and thats being extremely generous. His noodle arm is going to shrink down the Gingers playbook more than it allready is. Its going to be tee of time on ole BJ, he cant keep you honest with the deep ball and with the total lack of running game and pass blocking, he better be ready for a pounding. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see Brooks Bollinger at some point during Romo's recovery.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i said this in the if we will make the playoffs or not thread:

Johnson over his career has showed that he knows how to lead a team and perform at a very good level. Hell he has a freaking superbowl ring! In all honesty our offense will probably be more efficient with our drives now with Johnson. Not a knock on Romo or im not saying we are gonna score more cause we are not. but i think our drives will be more efficient because we will use a more steady short passing game and use barber more to control the clock. so yea i expect less points from our offense but they will be more efficient in moving the ball. basically more ball control, less turnovers, and more T.O being involed along with witten still being automatic on 3rd down! Perfect offense until Romo is healthy enough to comeback week 11 at Commanders!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2335544 said:
Exactly the way I am feeling. Do you people remember the preseason? Johnson is past it, and thats being extremely generous. His noodle arm is going to shrink down the Gingers playbook more than it allready is. Its going to be tee of time on ole BJ, he cant keep you honest with the deep ball and with the total lack of running game and pass blocking, he better be ready for a pounding. I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see Brooks Bollinger at some point during Romo's recovery.

:lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I think Brad Johnson will do well enough to win 2 out of 3. Now, if Romo is back from injury and Brad is playing well, do we still leave Romo on the bench? I think so. I think Brad will do a fine job leading this team that seems to be going nowhere.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I saw we go 1-2 over the 3 games he starts.

The TEAM wins the lone game all by itself and doesnt put it on the QB... imagine that the TEAM finds a way to win as a TEAM.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2335614 said:
I think Brad Johnson will do well enough to win 2 out of 3. Now, if Romo is back from injury and Brad is playing well, do we still leave Romo on the bench? I think so. I think Brad will do a fine job leading this team that seems to be going nowhere.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Brad Johnson has looked terrible for years now. If the offensive line plays the way they did against Arizona, Dallas would be lucky not to get shut out.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gemini Dolly;2335614 said:
Now, if Romo is back from injury and Brad is playing well, do we still leave Romo on the bench? I think so.
I simply can not believe I just read that. You have got to be kidding me. The sad part is, I honestly think you believe that.