So, what do we know about the Ravens...

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
So, what do we know about the Ravens...other than that they will be coming into Texas Stadium very peed-off that they just had a game stolen from them. I expect them to get ALL the calls this Saturday. Dallas will have to be overy-focused to beat them, AND the refs.

Ren

Reaction score
Great defense so so offense, if we don't turn the ball over we should win this one

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Ren;2496828 said:
Great defense so so offense, if we don't turn the ball over we should win this one

So basically, it's a re-do of the Pitt game, except that the weather will be nice. And we will also have home-field advantage, especially since it will be the last regular-season game at Texas Stadium.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
If we continue to stop the run they're gonna gave it rough on offense. they got a huge,powerful rb in McClain and an overratted bum in Willis McGahee. 2 decent wrs in Clayton and Mason. A very good TE in Todd Heap and a solid but nothing special offensive line. got a solid rookie qb and an OC who likes to run some trick plays more than any other team I've seen this season.

On defense they got some injuries DT Kelly Gregg, CB Chris McCalister, and Dawan Landry are on IR and they're still a top 3 defense in the league. they got good d-linemen and a mammoth of a man in Hoili Nata. they got good linebackers in Terrell Suggs and a future HOFer in Ray Lewis. they got a good secondary with Samari Rolle and Fabian Washington manning the corners with the best safety in football ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD. they have a great DC in Rex Ryan. But I know they have gotten destroyed by 2 teams with high-power offenses in the Colts and the Giants. The Giants ran all over them for 200 yards and thne Colts threw all over them. that's what I know about the Ravens.

Ren

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2496836 said:
So basically, it's a re-do of the Pitt game, except that the weather will be nice. And we will also have home-field advantage, especially since it will be the last regular-season game at Texas Stadium.

I don't think their O is as "good" as the Steelers, they score a lot on defense though. Ed Reed has me more then a bit worried

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2496853 said:
If we continue to stop the run they're gonna gave it rough on offense. they got a huge,powerful rb in McClain and an overratted bum in Willis McGahee. 2 decent wrs in Clayton and Mason. A very good TE in Todd Heap and a solid but nothing special offensive line. got a solid rookie qb and an OC who likes to run some trick plays more than any other team I've seen this season.

On defense they got some injuries DT Kelly Gregg, CB Chris McCalister, and Dawan Landry are on IR and they're still a top 3 defense in the league. they got good d-linemen and a mammoth of a man in Hoili Nata. they got good linebackers in Terrell Suggs and a future HOFer in Ray Lewis. they got a good secondary with Samari Rolle and Fabian Washington manning the corners with the best safety in football ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD. they have a great DC in Rex Ryan. But I know they have gotten destroyed by 2 teams with high-power offenses in the Colts and the Giants. The Giants ran all over them for 200 yards and thne Colts threw all over them. that's what I know about the Ravens.
I think Fabian Washington got hurt yesterday. Not sure what his status is for this week.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Baltimore has the kind of defense that gets in and stays in your head. The NFL is full of hard-hitters but Baltimore is the best at bringing the pain. For all of us who are pining for a ball-hawking, centerfielder type free safety, Ed Reed is the prototype. All of those balls that went up in the air last night?? Ed Reed finds ways to get those. He is always exactly where he needs to be.

Now that my man-crush has been revealed, we still have too many weapons for them. If we can weather the hard-hits and spread them out we will expose them. Look for the unheralded guys like Miles Austin and Martellus Bennett to make key plays.

Their offense consists of a big powerback (converted fullback) and occassionally the deep ball. Flacco will give us the chance to capitalize on his mistakes. I expect another big game out of DeMarcus Ware and our secondary should get some pics.

Smith22

Reaction score
They rely on their defense to force turnovers and score points. Flacco has been solid for the most part, but the Ravens offense struggles to score and move the ball consistently. Also, as I have mentioned before, they have been decimated by injuries, having at least 16 players on IR.

As mentioned above, Washington (CB) was injured yesterday, and CMAC is already on IR. Landry (S) is also out for the year. It basically comes down to NOT turning the ball over against that Ravens Defense. Do that and you can dominate their offense.

On offense, the Ravens have went with McClain and Rice, Willis has been in the doghouse and injured, and hasn't seen much playing time. Mason is their consistent WR, while Clayton has managed a few big receptions. Heap also got injured last night and I'm not sure of his status.

Watch for trick plays also, they have a few of them in their bag of tricks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just what Edgar Allen Poe said quote the Ravens "Never More" :laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2496825 said:
So, what do we know about the Ravens...other than that they will be coming into Texas Stadium very peed-off that they just had a game stolen from them. I expect them to get ALL the calls this Saturday. Dallas will have to be overy-focused to beat them, AND the refs.

Their HC is John Harbaugh, who, of course, was an Andy Reid assistant in Philly(ST and Secondary) before he came to Baltimore.

Of course he'll have his team fired up coming in!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This won't be an easy game to win. Their D is good, O is not bad. They're madder than hell because they got robbed yesterday, and they're fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

We're playing our last game at TX stadium.

There will be a lot of tension on Saturday night, but I think it will be a close game that we win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2497074 said:
This won't be an easy game to win. Their D is good, O is not bad. They're madder than hell because they got robbed yesterday, and they're fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

We're playing our last game at TX stadium.

There will be a lot of tension on Saturday night, but I think it will be a close game that we win.

I agree. I do think Dallas has more fire power and has better ability of hitting the big play which I think is critical in a game where you have 2 very good defenses facing off. After all it is hard to maintain long drives vs a good defense so the big play becomes even more critical

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I hate to spoil the party but Baltimore is scoring more points than anyone in the league for the last eight games. That was up to the Pitt game. Clayton has been unbelieveable at times. Flacco does not play like a rookie.

If the DL plays like yesterday then I'm not concerned. But we cannot just show up in this game. Baltimore is for real.

Smith22

Reaction score
jobberone;2497090 said:
I hate to spoil the party but Baltimore is scoring more points than anyone in the league for the last eight games. That was up to the Pitt game. Clayton has been unbelieveable at times. Flacco does not play like a rookie.

If the DL plays like yesterday then I'm not concerned. But we cannot just show up in this game. Baltimore is for real.

and much have of that had to do with their defense scoring(turnovers) and it being the soft part of the schedule. They didn't score big points versus Pitt (twice), the Titans or the Giants and they were blown out by the Colts.

Smith22

Reaction score
The biggest key is not turning the ball over versus that defense. Baltimore gives you A LOT of different looks on defense and tries to confuse the OL and QB. This game will really test our OL, but I feel much better about this being a home game, playing in Baltimore would be much more difficult.