So, what do we know about the Ravens...

gmsquid

Reaction score
I live in Baltimore so I see a lot of them. Flacco is a decent QB but makes mistakes under pressure like any other rookie. Heavily run-oriented offense, moreso than even the Steelers. Mason and Clayton good receivers, and defense is solid. Truthfully, our defense has to just force Flacco into mistakes which is very possible. I think it shouldn't be that big a problem if Dallas plays like they have been playing. Lucky we aren't playing in Bmore. Bmore fans are nuts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2497090 said:
I hate to spoil the party but Baltimore is scoring more points than anyone in the league for the last eight games. That was up to the Pitt game. Clayton has been unbelieveable at times. Flacco does not play like a rookie.

If the DL plays like yesterday then I'm not concerned. But we cannot just show up in this game. Baltimore is for real.

I think Balt is a good team but sorry they are ranked 16th in points and some of those points came directly from their defense. They are a good running team but for the most part they are very defensive oriented and rely on the defense getting them the ball a lot and setting them up with great field position. I don't take Balt lightly but they are not a top ranked offense who is scoring at will. Flacco has not put up a single 300 yard passing game this season and has thrown 13 TD and 12 ints with a QB rating of 76.9

Smith22

Reaction score
gmsquid;2497106 said:
Lucky we aren't playing in Bmore. Bmore fans are nuts.

Exactly. This being a home game makes the game A LOT more winnable.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Smith22;2497096 said:
and much have of that had to do with their defense scoring(turnovers) and it being the soft part of the schedule. They didn't score big points versus Pitt (twice), the Titans or the Giants and they were blown out by the Colts.

I'm sure they are getting set up. But they are scoring purely offensively as well. Flacco is getting the ball down the field.

gmoney112

Reaction score
i fully respect the Ravens d and what theyre capable of, but i think this game will be over by halftime

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2497107 said:
I think Balt is a good team but sorry they are ranked 16th in points and some of those points came directly from their defense. They are a good running team but for the most part they are very defensive oriented and rely on the defense getting them the ball a lot and setting them up with great field position. I don't take Balt lightly but they are not a top ranked offense who is scoring at will. Flacco has not put up a single 300 yard passing game this season and has thrown 13 TD and 12 ints with a QB rating of 76.9

I told you it was the last eight games leading up to the Pitt game. That's a significant streak. Point being it's not just all defense there. They have an offense to worry about. Clayton can be dangerous.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2497148 said:
I told you it was the last eight games leading up to the Pitt game. That's a significant streak. Point being it's not just all defense there. They have an offense to worry about. Clayton can be dangerous.

The big points are coming off the defense, hell they picked off Philly 4 times which played a very big part in why they put up the points on Philly. They are a decent offense but what makes them tick is that defense. They are not going 80 yard drives and putting up big numbers they are getting great field position, they are creating turnovers. I have watched the Ravens this season and in recent weeks Flacco looks like a fine young QB with a future but he is not putting up ungodly numbers in those 8 games you talk of he has gone over 200 yards in only 2 of them. Ravens go as far as their defense goes and it is one of the best ranked 2nd vs the pass and 3rd vs the run.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Great defense, and an offense that can't really run or throw it very well. Like someone said earlier - we have no turnovers like last night, we win this one.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2496976 said:
1)DO NOT throw anywhere near Ed Reed

This.
Oh, and that other dude .... Ray Ray. Someone usually separates the ball from the player on those passes across the middle that Mr. Reed comes up with. That would be Mr. Lewis. :nolook:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I love D Ware, but the best Defensive player in the NFL is Ed Reed.

Mansta54

Reaction score
The Ravens O can't score enough against our D to beat us, especially not in BIG D. They're D is outstanding as usual but not good enough to stop us from scoring at least 24pts and 24pts will beat the Ravens...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2497466 said:
I love D Ware, but the best Defensive player in the NFL is Ed Reed.

I wouldnt trade Ware for 5 Ed Reeds

Ware is the most dominant player in the league right now, hands down.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
l2obert;2497343 said:
This.
Oh, and that other dude .... Ray Ray. Someone usually separates the ball from the player on those passes across the middle that Mr. Reed comes up with. That would be Mr. Lewis. :nolook:

Cant say I'm all that worried about Ray Lewis. At this point he reminds me of Mike Singletary at the end of his career. People kept gawking over him, but his level of play had dropped off alot. Same thing has happened to Lewis.

Like I said in the other thread, I honestly am not all that worried about this game. The only way we lose or struggle is if Romo cant play or is severely limited, or just goes crazy with bad turnovers.

I think our WR's and TE's will get open on them and make some big plays.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;2498373 said:
if Procter starts and plays most of the game, we lose

didnt he start and play ALL the game vs NYG?

what was the result of that game? and NYG is better than Baltimore.