So, what do we know about the Ravens...

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
dbair1967;2498380 said:
didnt he start and play ALL the game vs NYG?

what was the result of that game? and NYG is better than Baltimore.

oh you mean winning by damn near losing our franchise QB possibly for his career in the process?

nice try though

newlander

Reaction score
I'd give a small body part if we would have drafted Ed Reed: lets just say pinky finger. Seriously, we would have won the SB last year with him. He's awesome, and then some.

thssanders

Reaction score
They have not really beat all that great of teams. They have wins over the browns (twice), raiders, texans, bengals (twice), dolphins early in the year, skins last week, and the eagles when they were in that AWFUL slump. Got blown out by both the colts and giants. Played pitt tough twice, but thats to be expected with such a great rivalry.

I see us winning this one by double digits.

20-10 Cowboys

EndGame

Reaction score
I see the Ravens as a poor man's Steelers. They have an okay offense and a very, very good defense. However, their defense is not as good as Pittsburgh's. We played Pittsburgh tough and should have won the game. We probably would have if the game had been in Dallas. This one IS in Dallas. We win by at least a TD.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I saw both Steelers games.

Yesterday, Fabian Washington was making plays. He broke up a few passes. They like to play their NT at end some and drop him into the shallow middle on zone blitzes. The Steelers burned them when they dropped him into middle coverage at the end of the game.

When it was crunch time, Samari Rolle was playing 10 yards off and retreating big time while covering Washington. He was scared of getting beat deep. The Steelers completed a big pass on him during the final drive while Rolle was giving huge space. He played 10 yards off and was at least 10 yards off when Washington made the catch. He tried to run the fly pattern ahead of Washington, but Washington pulled up and Rolle kept going.

The Ravens run an unbalanced line. I think they like to put both tackles on the same side, and they like to run. Cleveland does this, so Dallas has seen it.

Here's the best part.

In the few times I've seen them play, their coach has put the ball in the air or called a pass when he should run the ball and play to his defense.

He just can't help himself. The Ravens were in field goal range late in the game, and on third down, they called a pass. They gave up a sack and had to punt. I've seen Flaco get picked off when the defense has control of the game. All the coach needed to do is not turn it over, but he just couldn't help himself.

Expect the Cowboys defense to take advantage of the Ravens' offense to want to throw the ball a little too much. They really want to pass.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;2498395 said:
oh you mean winning by damn near losing our franchise QB possibly for his career in the process?

nice try though

For his career? :laugh2: Get a grip dude...

dbair1967;2498380 said:
didnt he start and play ALL the game vs NYG?

what was the result of that game? and NYG is better than Baltimore.

NYG is a better football team but Baltimore has a better all around defense. Especially their LBs with Ray & Suggs coming at you. Suggs is a beast at pass rushing, and he will be coming Proctors way a # of times.

$10 says we win though :D

dwarecwby311;2498373 said:
if Procter starts and plays most of the game, we lose

:rolleyes:

mmohican29

Reaction score
If we have no major ST gaffes and do two things, we should win this game easily. The Ravens do not match up well with this Cowboys squad at all, much like the Colts, we have a bit too many answers on Offense for them to stop them all.

If we:

1) Stop LeRon McClain, McGahee from becoming a factor thus neutralizing playaction and:
2) Keep Romo upright

We win going away. Flacco is a quality young QB, but he's in over his head with our pass rush coming his way. We might field goal them to death, but we WILL win this game.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
mmohican29;2498755 said:
If we have no major ST gaffes and do two things, we should win this game easily. The Ravens do not match up well with this Cowboys squad at all, much like the Colts, we have a bit too many answers on Offense for them to stop them all.

If we:

1) Stop LeRon McClain, McGahee from becoming a factor thus neutralizing playaction and:
2) Keep Romo upright

We win going away. Flacco is a quality young QB, but he's in over his head with our pass rush coming his way. We might field goal them to death, but we WILL win this game.

Yeah, they will come out in that unbalanced line and try to run on us.

Oh, no. We ain't having none of that. I hope we drop Flaco 8 times.

I bet Newman picks him off.

Batman

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2496976 said:
1)DO NOT throw anywhere near Ed Reed

Romo will not back down from him. I guarentee Romo will take shots in Reed's area. If Romo has his accuracy and velocity, he will be able to make some good throws for receptions against Reed. But, Romo has to be on top of his game.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
newlander;2498428 said:
I'd give a small body part if we would have drafted Ed Reed: lets just say pinky finger. Seriously, we would have won the SB last year with him. He's awesome, and then some.

no team wins a super bowl because of who plays safety

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We have played the Ravens twice in our History. Both games were at Baltimore. Both were losses. They are the only team we have never beaten.

11/19/00...Lost @ Baltimore, 0-27

11/21/04...Lost @ Baltimore, 10-30

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Much like the Pittsburgh game, if our defense plays tough, Baltimore will struggle to score 10 points. While Baltimore's defense is tough, we'll have 3-4 good opportunites to score TDs. All we have to do is eliminate/limit our TOs and we'll be fine.

Dallas 23
Baltimore 12

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I said last week that this will be the game that decides our season, it remains that. I had no doubt we would win against the Giants, this game I do have a little worry, the defence is just scary.

However, our defence has been great recently and their offense is not very good. If we can score two TD's, we should win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dwarecwby311;2498373 said:
if Procter starts and plays most of the game, we lose

No doubt Proctor is going to need help along the line but him playing should not prevent the Cowboys from winning. I wish we had such great depth that we could pull a 3rd string guy off the bench and not miss a beat but that is not reality. Dallas was able to overcome a very good Giants defense with Proctor playing and if Dallas can avoid big mistakes this weekend we can beat Balt.